Wednesday, November 26, 2014

Getting Ready

DSCN9697 DSCN9694

DSCN9695

It’s almost Thanksgiving and I’m working on my menu!  Yep, I’m making everything homemade and am super excited to spend a day bustling around in the kitchen – one of my favorite things to do!  Here’s what my menu is looking like:

Herb-Roasted Turkey (recipe link here)

Sourdough Wild Mushroom and Bacon Stuffing (recipe link here)

Cranberry sauce (recipe link here – I half the sugar)

Green bean casserole (made with real green beans, roasted mushrooms, and fried onions)

Classic mashed potatoes (lots of butter and heavy cream / whole milk) and gravy (thank you turkey drippings!)

Mac & Cheese (all cheddar recipe here, fabulous cheesy blend recipe here)

Sweet potato casserole (so bad for you, but so good!! evaporated milk, butter, brown sugar, vanilla, pecans, marshmallows, etc…)

Pumpkin cheesecake (2 options! Joy of Baking Recipe here and Betty Crocker (super easy!) here)

6 comments:

Isa Machado said...

Stunning outfit girl! :)

Isa M., Tic Tac Living

Lorena said...

Good luck with your dinner.
Thankfully we've been invited to dinner, so no cooking for me… but I do have to come up with a hostess gift.

Elegance and Mommyhood said...

That LBD has proved to be a gorgeous staple in your closet. And WOW girl making all those Dinner things from scratch? Love it. You are such a chef! Hubby should be so happy, lucky and proud of you. Happy 1st Thanksgiving to baby Ava and the three of you have a fantastic holiday with all that amazing food!!

<3 Ada.



P.S. Look for an E-Mail from me this weekend. Thanks.

Mica T said...

Love the leopard print heels with the LBD! :)

Sounds like you're going to have a great feast too! Have a wonderful thanksgiving! :)

Away From The Blue

chiara said...

Yay! Happy belated thanksgiving. I cooked the whole meal, except than the cheesecake, and lives it. Love your shoes too.

Londyn said...

That is so awesome!!! Good for you!