Tuesday, September 16, 2014

Mom on the go

I am definitely emulating mom-on-the-go with this look.  It was a busy day and no time for muss and fuss with hair and makeup or heels of any kind! 

DSCN9161

Makeup was kept to a minimum with powder (to help mommy eye bags!), mascara, and eyebrow shadow. Thankfully, my hair is very low maintenance and a blow dry is all that’s needed for a basic straight look.

As for my MOTG clothing choices, I went with layers on top. Not only is this practical since the weather was teetering between warm and just a tad brisk, but it’s also a great way to add interest to a look. A solid v-neck blouse underneath lengthens the neckline and brings in a beautiful color to the look, and the stripe sweater works as the interesting completer piece.

For my bottom half, you can’t go wrong with a good pair of jeans. I cuffed them just for a bit of fun and also to show off my cute BCBG flats. Ballet flats are a great step-up alternative to a basic flip flop.

Finally, a large leather purse with fun buckles allows a lot of room for anything that I may need to have on hand (i.e. bottles, etc..).

DSCN9159

DSCN9157 DSCN9156

Baby on the go, Ava, was looking pretty in her print dress with flower accent. Looks like our busy day running errands wore both of us out!

 DSCN9162 blueflw

8 comments:

Sammie said...

with the current weather situation,layering is the best thing to do :) cute look

M said...

Nice casual look! Ava's outfit is absolutely adorable!

Made in Mauve

OXANA MUA said...

You look so pretty! Love the whole outfit!

OXANAMUA | Beauty & Fashion & Lifestyle | NEW TRAVEL POST!
Facebook | Twitter | Instagram | Tumblr

Sharena C. said...

Ahh. Such a cute outfit! (:

xx
Sharena
http://fashionofanovice.blogspot.com

Sudheer Yadav said...

You are a nice blogger I love your blog so much help for my blog http://www.guruofmovie.com

Yaudy Cristina said...

nice chic look!!! baby is so cute :)
xo,
http://yaudycristinafashionista.blogspot.com/

Marija M. said...

You are both so adorable!!! Lovely post! xoxo
http://stylesensemoments.blogspot.com/

Elegance and Mommyhood said...

You are both adorable, on-the-go ladies. Your MOTG Look is wonderful, smth. I'd wear head to toe. I pinned it.

So nice to finally catch up with you. DSorry I have been so busy. =))