Obviously, with my new little one in tow, I’m spending the majority of my time at home. While I’ve always loved some of the more domestic things like cooking and decorating… I’m definitely not a woman who sees her place in the domestic role of stay at home mom, so these couple months off work are certainly a new and interesting experience for me.
My domestic learnings of late:
- When needed, a shower in 5 minutes can be achieved. Possibly even 4.5… possibly.
- Holding a baby 24/7 is a great arm workout – no additional weights needed!
- I’m convinced that women have a gene that ensures we hear every baby squeak, cry, or grunt. Men, on the other hand, will inevitably sleep through a world war with no knowledge of its occurrence.
- Don’t ever assume cooking and feeding a baby can be done simultaneously – unless you like burnt food that is.
- Netflix is a God-send for sleepless nights. The Office reruns have saved my sanity at least 5 times in the last month.
- There’s a “crumb trap” on the bottom of the toaster. Don’t ask me how I never knew this… mine had a lot of crumbs…
While I’m definitely not planning on remaining a domestic woman, more than anything I am relishing my time with my little princess. She’s growing by the day!