Tuesday, August 5, 2014

Transition

Just over a week post baby, and for the first time feeling a bit like myself.  Granted, still haven’t achieved more than 2-4 hrs of sleep yet, but at least there is something to aspire to!

DSCN8843 DSCN8842

In regards to life transitioning overall, there is still much to come and much to figure out, but I’m trying to take it all in as much as possible and just be open to “what is”.

Also trying to take that approach in regards to body and wardrobe. It’s not easy by any stretch of the imagination for me…, but being patient with myself and my body for what it’s done these last 9 months is incredibly important.  Instead of focusing on diet or weight loss per say, I’m trying to focus on good healthy foods and exercise that makes me feel good.

For clothing options, it’s still a bit of a puzzle since maternity clothing can look odd with no baby bump, but pre-baby clothing may still be tight… here’s what I’ve come up with:

BLOUSY TOPS… giving the post baby belly time to heal and get back to normal is critical!  No one wants to feel self conscious about too tight clothing right after giving birth, so ease back into fashion with some loose blousy tops. Go with a v-neck to show off that new sexy mom décolletage! 

image image 

BOLD PRINTS… don’t hide in black thinking that’s the only way to slim.  Work with what you’ve got and feel good in some bold patterns!  Not only does it bring interest and life to any look, but a bold pattern can help distract from any of those areas that may not be ready to flaunt quite yet.

image image image

LOOSE DRESSES… dresses have always been a staple for me, so I’d certainly keep them on my list for post-baby recovery time. Instead of tight, fitted dresses, I’d recommend sticking with comfortable flowy dresses that highlight whatever body parts you are comfortable with (i.e. legs, arms, shoulders…).

image image image

In addition, I also have my Aspire To / Goal Dresses to keep me on track.  A little clothing motivation can’t hurt, right?

image

11 comments:

Busola Coutts said...

I am over the moon for you!! I wish i could tell you otherwise, but get use to the lack of sleep with love. This is it forever but it is so worth it!! Congrats dear!! You swung back looking better than ever.

http://www.thefashionstirfry.com

KDot said...

Props to you for posting an outfit a week after baby! You look great!

BamaCarol said...

You are looking great just a week post baby. Congratulations to you and your husband and beautiful little Ava Rose! She sure is a beautiful little girl and cannot wait to see her grow and bloom.

Lauren said...

Loving the leopard print top!! Great picks girl. You look SO good for just having a baby!!

Lauren xo
Sophisticated In Style

Mica T said...

I wish I looked even half as good as you do on so little sleep! It really catches up with me haha. Soon you'll get longer stretches of sleep, and soon your body will adjust to it as well. My mother in law looked after baby and I had a 2 hour long nap - I was soooo refreshed afterwards I thought I'd slept much longer!

Great fashion tips too! I go with the advice that it took 9 months to grow out my belly so it will take at least that long for it to get back to normal. It's still odd looking at the little flabby belly though!

Away From The Blue

Chiamaka Abasilim said...

You look amazing and the tips are really good. Would have to write it down to remind myself when it's time.

http://thinkworkandgo.blogspot.com/

Mimi said...

Congratulations! And wow! 1 week post baby and you already look like this?! Fantastic! Yes, blousy shirts and oversized tops are what I lived in:)

Aesthetic Lounge

Helena Resende said...

You look amazing and you had a baby a few days ago....

http://checkinonline.blogspot.pt/

Sabrina said...

You're posting a week after being post-baby? Ahh you're amazing.

Sincerely,
Sabrina

Raspberry Avenue said...

Such a great shirt ! I' m Your newest GFC follower ;*
xoxo
Raspberry Avenue

Elegance and Mommyhood said...

You look great. Love the printed top and all of your tips with bold patterns and blousy tops were true for me as well. =)