Wednesday, May 7, 2014

Redo!

DSCN8135 DSCN8133

DSCN8124

A slight switch up with this Missoni dress – thank goodness for accessories!  Just a small change of the shoes and belt gave it the needed appropriateness for a casual vs. dressy time of the day.  While it was easy to create a quick redo of this dress, unfortunately I was not able to work any magic on creating a redo of this day. 

Wouldn’t it be great if life worked the way outfits do…?  You could just change out a few items and have a fresh new start.  Today was definitely a redo worthy day - starting off poorly, getting considerably worse as the morning progressed, and mid-day when I fell flat on my face (again) and completely scraped and bruised up my legs (I was wearing flats! how does this happen…? LOL) – I gave up my stance of trying to be strong, had a good cry, and took my ass home.  I figure tomorrow I’ll toughen up, but for today (as I don’t have the superpower of remaking the day) I’m just thankful for waterproof make up!

Specifically, some of my favorites here – seriously not a smudge after quite a waterfall…!  These products are great.

Maybelline Stiletto mascara, Cover Girl Perfect Blend eyeliner, and laura mercier undereye cream.

 image 

10 comments:

Anonymous said...

So pretty! Really love the dress and at least you looked good even if the day was awful!

BamaCarol said...

So sorry about your fall. I've had a couple lately too after a series of knee surgeries. I was so glad to be able to get out that I gave up my cane a little too quickly and "splat". I hope the rest of this week is much better. At least you looked pretty when you were down.

Anamika said...

the transformation is great

Chrissie aus der edelfabrik said...

Love your look :)!!!!

Want to follow each other on GFC?
Let me know!

Greets from the EDELFABRIK
Chrissie

Helena Resende said...

Really pretty :)

Mica T said...

Aww I'm sorry you had such a bad day! But tomorrow will be better, and at least when you fell you looked cute!

Pregnancy messes with your centre of gravity so even with flats you can still fall over - I wore boots with a little bit of a heel today and was so glad to take them off at the end of the day - they felt like super high stilettos I was so worried about falling, haha!


Away From Blue

Elegance and Mommyhood said...

Oh Londyn. I hope you didn't get too much hurt. I am sorry babe. Loving that dress too and I love what a different a belt can make to a dress, especially while pregnant.

I have been meaning to try the Stiletto Mascara. Thanks for recommending it, also. It is water-proff right? Let me know.

Londyn said...

Thanks Ada! Yes, you can get it in waterproof.

Chic Therapy said...

This is such a versatile dress.

Lorena said...

So sorry to hear about your fall, glad you are ok.
You look marvelous in that Missoni.