Tuesday, May 27, 2014

Sneak Peek: Peanut’s Nursery

While not fully complete, the nursery has been fairly set for a least a couple months, so I figured it’s time I give a sneak peek.

Most people assumed I would go girly girl pink, but I just wasn’t feeling it – I wanted to go for something a bit different.  I went for a more modern feel with bright pops of color like orange, turquoise and yellow amidst the softer neutral background.  Most of the nursery items are new, but I have a few really special hand-me-down pieces like the little bookshelf, a porcelain dog, and some baby toys.

DSCN8305

DSCN8304

DSCN8306

I also adore these Sedna Prints from etsy and got quite a few for nursery artwork.

image image

10 comments:

Melissa said...

So cute! I love the book shelf, my toddler girls nursery is the same colour(my oldest has in her words "Nicki Minaj pink" room and it looks like bazooka bubble gum puked all over it, made me hate pink lol).

ANDYSTYLE said...

nice pics :) very cute :)

http://sbr-fashion-fashion.blogspot.com/

KDot said...

Cute! I love the prints

Debra Lynn Mejia said...

The nursery looks great. It's wonderful that you have some special hand-me-down pieces to include. Take advantage of having your own way now. When the kids get a little older (4 or 5) they develop their own style and want things their way!

Kriti Jaitly said...

oh its so perfect....
keep in touch
www.hairfashionbeautyblog.blogspot.in

Elegance and Mommyhood said...

Love Peanut's room and the neutral gray background which makes the pretty orange and turquoise accessories pop even more. Her crib is grand and gorgeous. Loving all the elephants. They are awesome for babies of both genders. Vivian is quite fond of Elephants too. Plus they are considered good luck. =)

Mica T said...

That is such a beautiful nursery! I love the little decorations - and the giraffes! My sister loves giraffes so baby has a LOT of giraffe things now haha. Spoiled by auntie!

I should try to finish setting up baby's nursery so I can share it too - everything baby needs is in place, it's just that a lot of my stuff is still in there while I continue to try downsize what I own and find spaces for things.

Away From The Blue

Londyn said...

Yes, would love to see your room too!! :-)

Diana Ashuayem said...

Really cute nursery. Love the decor.
effortlesslady.blogspot.ca

Lorena said...

I really like it, specially the polka dot rug and the Missoni like print puff.