Friday, May 23, 2014

My Routines

DSCN8232 DSCN8230

Getting a bit farther into pregnancy and getting into summer season, I’m honestly not feeling all that great from a body-image perspective.  That said, more than anything I’m trying to just stay healthy and take care of baby and me.

My daily menu typically consists of:

Breakfast: Fiber and grain rich cereal with berries, 1/2 banana, ground flax seed and almond milk.  On the weekends, I splurge and typically have some ooey-gooey baked goods as well as some yummy bacon.

Snack: Choice of cheese and multi-grain crackers, grapes / apple and cheese, or hard boiled egg and V-8.  Sometimes a cookie…

Lunch: Option of pasta salad, Greek salad, or homemade soup. A double decker taco from Taco Bell is my once a week splurge!

Dinner: I’ve been random of late… I still make a “normal” meat and potatoes dinner option for my hubby, but I may eat anything from scrambled eggs and toast to bolognaise.

Snack: Air popped popcorn or something sweet (brownie, low fat ice cream bar).

My weekly workout routine consists of:

3x a week gym workout.  30 minutes aerobic (either treadmill or elliptical). 20-30 minutes strength training.  Mostly free weights for arms, and machines (leg presses, etc) for lower body.  Some lunges, squats and side bends for extra measure.

At least 3x a week walking the neighborhood.  It’s been beautiful weather of lae, so I like to head out, take my dog on a walk, etc.  I also enjoy doing yard work and find that to be good exercise as well!

In the meantime, Ava is growing, healthy as can be, and enjoying kicking her mama all through the night!  I think she must be strength training too…

14 comments:

Jaela Lopez said...

You look so pretty. I love your top, adorable.

www.jayla31.blogspot.com

Kaolee said...

Your workouts and food intake puts me to shame. I'm going to have to work hard after mine comes out!

Elegance and Mommyhood said...

You are staying very healthy and fit during your pregnancy and wow still doing a lot in terms of exercising. That tunic is great.

BTW I want to feature your outfit with the neutral plaid trench-coat on my special post next Wed if that's OK. I will link back to you and send some readers to you of course.

Comment on my blog and let me know if that's ok. Thanks. =)))

Kriti Jaitly said...

best of luck with your routine dear..
keep in touch
www.hairfashionbeautyblog.blogspot.in

Lauren {Fizz and Frosting} said...

I can completely relate. It can be difficult to have body confidence while pregnant, but you look fantastic and are doing a great job staying healthy!

KDot said...

Wow, I'm impressed by how healthy you are (and by how great you look)!

Oksana T said...

It's amazing that you still do workouts! Keep on dear!

♥ Oxana
O X A N A  M.U.A makeup blog
Bloglovin | Facebook | TumblrInstagram

Mica T said...

No wonder you are looking so good in your pregnancy, it's great you're still beign so active! I don't know how you have the energy to do it! I definitely made hubby walk the dog a couple times a week when I had no energy, I couldn't imagine going to the gym on top of my usual dog walk exercise, haha! :)

Away From Blue

Julia said...

You look so great!
Love this outfit and I like your style :)

xx julia

Ramida Dusdeevutikul said...

You look great!
lovely blog! following you hun<3

www.bstylevoyage.blogspot.com
xx

Milex said...

I am loving it.

Share a Secret said...

You look good!! Keep on the good work :)

http://shareasecretmag.com/

xoxo

Mafalda Costa said...

Lovely outfit! :)

kisses from Portugal ,

http://bymafaldacosta.blogspot.pt/
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
NEW POST ABOUT AN ONLINE SHOP: http://bymafaldacosta.blogspot.pt/2014/05/ola-lindas-e-lindos-recentemente.html

Lorena said...

I like this shirt and pant combo - I usually see you in dresses but this is nice.