Sunday, April 20, 2014

Empire

DSCN7970 DSCN7968

DSCN7972 DSCN7971

This is one of my few non-maternity dresses that has an empire waist (cinched right under the bust) – thank you! – so it’s still comfortable for me to wear at this stage in my pregnancy.  Growth has still been fairly slow, but recent stabbing pains tell me that ligaments must be stretching, so I’m waiting for a new “bump burst” at any time. LOL

Empire waists are a becoming style for many body types as it accents the bust, cinches close to the body and flows away typically in an a-line skirt style to flatter the hips.  Check out these lovelies on my current faves list…!

image image image

8 comments:

Busola Coutts said...

So excited for you and you are radiating with joy and beauty. Lucky you to have a dress that still fits just right, right now :)). It reminds me so much of my days too.

http://www.thefashionstirfry.com

S said...

Cute! Congrats on your pregnancy :)
Bj S

Mica T said...

That is such a pretty dress! I'm so glad I had a lot of flowy/empire waist options in my wardrobe before pregnancy, means I can re-wear what I own and buy less :)

I'm wondering if I could squeeze back into empire waist things now that the bump has dropped - for a while it was a little too high for that to be comfortable!


Away From Blue

Kaolee said...

Empire waists are definitely my go-to since my hips are definitely getting larger these days. :)

Kelly said...

This dress is beautiful!

xx Kelly
Sparkles and Shoes

Elle Sees said...

just glowinggg!! you look gorgeous.

A fashionable Rendezvous said...

First of all, thank you for your comment on my blog. Congratulations with your pregnancy and coming baby :) This dress looks very nice! :)
Would you like to follow each other to stay in touch? Let me know on my blog. That would be really awesome! :)

Greetings :)
a-fashionable-rendezvous.blogspot.de

Sylvia Haghjoo said...

what lovely images.

would be so happy to see you as a visitor on hug-you.com