Sunday, March 2, 2014

Some like it hot…

DSCN7316 DSCN7311

Happy Sunday everyone!  Posting one of last week’s work looks today while preparing for a snowy cold evening.  Another 8+ inches of snow expected and I’m so over this weather it’s unreal.  In the meantime, I’m planning to keep myself in the house and cozy warm until I can see sunlight again.  Today that means homemade hot chocolate, warm chocolate chip cookies, and a hot bubble bath.  Snow… what snow…?

photo (54)

For my cookies, I’ll often use a basic recipe like Nestle, but I’ll add a few extras like almond extract, lux chocolate chunks (not chips!), and hazelnuts or macadamia nuts.  Delish!

If you’re like me and you like a little spice, then you HAVE to try Mexican hot chocolate.  I like this recipe from Gimme Some Oven. That said, if you’re in downtown Cincinnati, the best Mexican hot chocolate I’ve ever had was at the Wich on Sycamore.  They won’t have it on the menu, but the owner will oblige if you know to ask for it and he has the ingredients on hand.  Trust, you will thank me…!

8 comments:

Veronica Vannini said...

Nice look dear!
Big kiss! !
Passa a trovarmi VeryFP

GirlsAreDolls said...

Lovely look

Because Shanna Said So said...

Oh man, more snow??? Stay warm! It was actually freezing in Texas today and we had 70 degree weather on Saturday! UGH!! Our Sundays sounded similar...I stayed in my slippers all day!! Thanks so much for stopping by my blog and following along. Following you know too! :)

Lisa - respect the shoes said...

Ooh, your ways of staying warm sound so cozy - mm, mmm!

Stephanie Gille said...

Nice look, very elegant!
xx
Stephanie
www.stephaniegille.blogspot.com

Michelle Vinnetan said...

Pretty blazer . And yummy photooo!

mind to following each other and keep on contact!

Theanotherpsrtofme.blogspot.com

Sam said...

You look so incredibly polished dear! Thanks for sharing your fashion views with me...Have a great start to March!

DeVs said...

great look so elegant

http://devsnochaos.blogspot.fr/