Wednesday, February 19, 2014

Relax

DSCN7209 DSCN7210

DSCN7215 DSCN7213

Today was a lovely relaxing day for me.  I spent the day with my mom, the most wonderful woman on earth, and the evening just chilling at home with the man watching movies and cooking up a storm.  Couldn’t ask for a better day!

While I can’t really say I’ve been craving anything in particular with my pregnancy (except maybe hot Cheetos…), I have in general been wanting more savory than sweet.  Today it was definitely evident in my cooking as the majority of my time was spent making spicy babyback ribs, potato salad, garlic mashed potatoes, and roasted broccoli.  Yum!  Then again, I didn’t finish out the day without incorporating a little something sweet… sugar cookies with rolos anyone?  Ummm, yes please.

DSCN7217 Photo: My new creation... Sugar cookies with Rolos :-)

My rib recipe: Start with a liberal dry rub over the ribs.  Preheat oven to 225 degrees.  Cover the ribs with tin foil and cook for 2 hours.  Low and slow!  After 2 hours, remove the foil and cover with barbeque sauce.  Finish either on the grill or back in the oven for another hour until crispy and the aroma is filling the kitchen!

My dry rub:

  • 1/2 cup brown sugar
  • 1/2 cup paprika
  • 1 tablespoon ground black pepper
  • 1 tablespoon salt
  • 1 tablespoon chili powder
  • 1 tablespoon garlic powder
  • 1 tablespoon onion powder
  • 1 teaspoon cayenne pepper

My bbq sauce:

  1. 1 cup ketchup
  2. 6 oz tomato paste
  3. 1 cup tomato sauce
  4. 2 cup apple cider vinegar
  5. 1/4 cup Worcestershire
  6. 1/4 cup light soy sauce
  7. 1/2 brown sugar
  8. 1 tablespoon Dijon 
  9. 1.5 teaspoon ground ginger
  10. 3 garlic cloves – roughly chopped
  11. 1/2 lemon – sliced in rounds

Combine ingredients 1-7 in stove pot, mix with whisk and bring to simmer.  Mix in ingredients 8-11 and simmer for 20 minutes.

15 comments:

bashashhazbaz said...

you look great and that food looks delicious!

Always Maylee said...

Congrats on your pregnancy! You look adorable.

xo, Yi-chia
Always Maylee

Anonymous said...

what you do to make your ribs? My man loves them but I stink at making them

Diana Ashuayem said...

Congrats, you look lovely! The food is yum.
effortlesslady.blogspot.ca

Oksana T said...

Congrats!

♥ Oxana
O X A N A M.U.A Makeup Blog NEW PHOTOSHOOT POST
Bloglovin | Facebook | Instagram | Twitter

ChocolateFashionCoffee said...

great post :)



Saci
ChocolateFashionCoffee
ChocolateFashionCoffee Facebook Page
ChocolateFashionCoffee INSTAGRAM!!!

Yaudy Cristina said...

you look great!!!
xo,
Yaudy
http://yaudycristinafashionista.blogspot.com/

Kerri said...

so lovely! and i can't wait to watch your cute baby bump grow!

Sam said...

Congratulations on your pregnancy, thats wonderful news!!

Mica T said...

That shirt dress looks lovely! :)

And the rolo cookies...yuuuuum. I want! haha.


Away From Blue

Elegance and Mommyhood said...

You look wonderful. Great shirt-dress. It will take you far into pregnancy. I love shirt-dresses always and wore them a bunch while pregnant too. I love your leggings and booties as well. All the food looks yummy.

While pregnant, at least during the first 4 months, I actually wasn't craving much, on the contrary I lost interest on a lot of foods. It's good that you are eating as usual.

Stop by to see the latest styles from me. Thanks Beautiful. =)

Indy said...

Oh wow, those cookies look delicious! And you look so lovely in that color!

two birds said...

oh my goodness, those cookies, yum!!! also, i love your leggings!

Londyn said...

@ Anon - I'll post my recipe tonight!

Londyn said...

Finally posted my recipe - enjoy!