Tuesday, February 11, 2014

Quiet & Reconnection

DSCN7140 DSCN7139

DSCN7142

Top: similar. Shoes: similar (on sale!), similar (splurge).

DSCN7154 DSCN7152

Boots: similar, similar. Vest: similar. Pashmina Scarf: similar (on sale!)

2 casual looks for a casual couple of days. It’s been a whirlwind of a month (ok, maybe a whirlwind year is a better description…), and amidst all the noise of life, it’s nice to have a few moments of quiet and reconnection. 

During brunch with a dear friend this weekend, I received what I think may have been the best compliment of my life when she told me that I was emotionally the strongest person she knew.  It reminded me that we each have special gifts to share with the world, and also that no one really knows what someone may be going through, so it’s important to cherish each other and share with those we care about the beauty we see in each of them.

5 comments:

Mica T said...

Love that first outfit, the shirt is so nice! :)


Very well written post too, it's important to be there for and support others as we will never know exactly what they have been through.

Away From Blue

Jenny Fernández Massó said...

Greats looks! I love the firts :)
kisses from Spain :)

NUEVO POST!
http://jinmasso.blogspot.com.es/

Ginny MyNewFavoriteOutfit said...

Love both of these looks and so cool about the compliment. It's so great to store those away for a rainy day :)

Elegance and Mommyhood said...

That is a great compliment. I love both outfits, especially the first one. Great tunic, shoes & vest. I know this will be a fantastic year for you with lots of new experiences. =)

And please girlfriend I E-Mailed you. Please get back at me. Thanks. Ready for our post on Friday?

Oksana T said...

Amazing shoes!

♥ Oxana
www.oxanamua.blogspot.com {New awesome bright photoshoot + Valentine's special}
www.facebook.com/oxanamua
Follow @oxanamua on Instagram and Twitter