Tuesday, February 25, 2014

A little humor goes a long way

DSCN7247 DSCN7248

DSCN7250 DSCN7246

I’m working on letting go of my tight pencil skirts for the coming pregnancy months, and utilizing my dresses to the fullest.  A lot of my dresses are belted, or if not- I typically belt them, so until my new baby bump waistline appears and I can belt under the bust, I’m just wearing my dresses sans belt.  It works!

I think you just have to have a good sense of humor as the baby belly is growing, but before a defined bump exists.  Actually, you have to have a lot of good humor in general to carry a baby – I’ve already heard more horror stories and had more strangers ask me significantly personal questions than I’d care to admit.  At least good humor isn’t something I have to work at – I find it hilarious that I often surprise people with my slightly wicked and highly sarcastic sense of humor when, in all other respects I likely wouldn’t be seen in that light.  Gotta keep ‘em on their toes!

image image image Christian Louboutin Duvette Metallic and Patent-Leather Pumps in black and gold

14 comments:

Mica T said...

That printed dress is so nice with the pink blazer! :)

I've slowly started to work belts back into my wardrobe but they have to have had a few extra notches I could go up, haha! Some are just too small at the moment. Dresses are a great option, and you have such a wonderful collection of dresses!

Kela Taconea said...

Nice look! I´ve got one similar heels :)
Today new post, Fur vest!
Kisses from Spain, Kela
Want to win thisdress or another thing?I tell you how!

Pilar Bernal Maya said...

I love your nice dress. I can't see you in mi GFC. Can you chech it? I want to follow you back
kss
http://tupersonalshopperviajero.blogspot.com.es/

Sam said...

Its great that you can utilize your current wardrobe to work with your pregnancy, it will surely help a lot, this monochrome printed dress looks terrific with pink. Thanks for lending me your thoughts on my last post dear.

Md Amirul Islam said...

This outfit is awesome dear!!
Kisses
Would you like to join my Giveaway??
Love text messages

Francesca Romana Capizzi said...

Nice dress and blazer!

Jointy&Croissanty said...

I like the combination of printed dress and pink blazer! You look so classy and lovely!

jointyicroissanty.blogspot.com

Boheme.Fille said...

Lovely! Great blazer!

Amanda Elizabeth - Meet @ the Barre said...

Girl if you are rocking those heels while pregnant you are most certainly my new hero!

Elle Sees said...

i never ask anyone about their pregnancy unless they bring it up. i hate being nosey like that. i can't even imagine the questions y'all get!

Anonymous said...

Great look - really lovely!

Lorena said...

This looks so nice! that blazer adds the perfect touch of color.

chiara said...

Love this outfit.
One thing I have learned during this pregnancy: getting out of the door in the morning, I cannot always look like I wish. But that's ok - as you said, better to laugh it off!

Elegance and Mommyhood said...

I agree, a little humor goes a long way, especially while pregnant. You have a ton of dresses - I am certain you will utilize them to the max and look your best. I belted many of mine while pregnant, under the bust of course. Love this animal-printed one & the lace blazer, of course. =)