Saturday, November 16, 2013

Work & Play

DSCN6294

DSCN6296 DSCN6299

I’ve gotten several questions of late about what I wear at work vs. outside of work.  I label all of my posts with either “business/professional attire” or “casual/weekend/evening” to help differentiate, but below are a few examples of the clear differences in wardrobe.  For example, as much as I love over-the-knee boots and mini skirts, they are clearly not appropriate office wear.  For more tips on Professional Attire – check out my post Present the Best You.

Work Wear – I work in a fairly conservative business casual environment.  I might stand out a bit more than most in regards to fashion choices amidst the khaki and button up shirts, but overall I just try to keep true to my personal style while still being business appropriate.  I stick with a lot of dresses, pencil skirts, and blazers.  I never go more than just above the knee with hemlines and I try to stick with no more than a 3 inch heel.

DSCN6093 DSCN5533 DSCN6169

DSCN5473 DSCN6186 DSCN5153

Non-Work Wear – I get to wear whatever the hell I want!  I love color, feminine details, a little edge, and sexy stilettos.  My “play” wear is really just an amped up version of my work wear – still a lot of skirts, dresses, and heels… only the heels and the hemlines are a bit higher!

DSCN6143 DSCN6165 DSCN5698

DSCN6288 DSCN5157 DSCN6254

4 comments:

Jenniya said...

nice outfits dear. :)

Visit my blog: I AM JENNIYA.

Busola Coutts said...

You sure know how to put together a professional look and non professional look so effortlessly. Really nice :).

Thanks for stopping. Means a lot :)

http://www.thefashionstirfry.com

Mica T said...

You always look so stylish - both in workwear and in casual wear! :)


Away From The Blue

Ginny MyNewFavoriteOutfit said...

Love your ootd and the Prather work and non work looks are fab too. Great idea to label them this way!