Thursday, July 11, 2013

Random Musings…

the brands… dress: downtown girl. belt: ny&co. boots: massimo baldi, made in Italy.

DSCN4955

I’m feeling playful in the rain today!  While I am thoroughly missing my sunny weather, I don’t mind a few rainy days here and there.  What better than a rainy day to snuggle in bed with a hot cup of tea, watching old movies, and eating freshly made brownies?!  (note to self… back to healthy eating tomorrow…)

DSCN4951 DSCN4953

I have a birthday approaching next month, and it got me thinking that getting older can really be a very wonderful thing.  I truly believe that people get to know themselves and come into their own as they grow older.

A few of the things I’ve learned for and about myself over the years…

Be passionate about something, anything – no matter what it is, find something that that brings you special joy – something that’s all your own – and embrace it.

Don’t waste time on people that don’t see your value.  Women in particular give until it hurts, and there’s just no need.  I believe in reciprocating, so if you’re not being treated like you should in any relationship – family, friends, or significant others – then stop giving immediately!  Keep that train movin right along and do what you need to do to make yourself happy.

Ask for what you want.  There’s never any need to not ask for what you want in life.  That doesn’t mean you’ll always get it, but you might as well start from the best possible option.  Next time you find yourself needlessly compromising, slap yourself – now start over.

Don’t judge.  I read an excellent quote once… “Don’t judge my sin just because it’s different than yours.”  So true.

Don’t give a damn if others judge you.  There is no benefit in allowing others to have this power over you.  "No one can make you feel inferior without your consent." – Eleanor Roosevelt

Laugh hard and laugh often.  Indulge and surround yourself in people who make you happy.  Be an optimist.  It’s all about choices.

5 comments:

chiara said...

Nice dress!
I agree about growing up (or getting older) - it really defines who you are.
I like the part about asking - it can never hurt, and you might even get what you want!
Two days ago it was my birthday. But I haven't had time to reflect on that yet! ;)

Huong @LLL said...

Your dress looks cute! :) & I adore your lil boots! :P

http://lifelivinginlondon.blogspot.co.uk/

Always Maylee said...

Such a cute dress. I love it with the boots.

xo, Yi-chia
Always Maylee

Sheila said...

Love your list of things - so true! I have a magnet with the sin quote on it!

Great to see you.

Elsa Hurtado said...

I love your dress and boots!
Just came across your blog and am now following via GFC.

Xo, Elsa
Mix and Match the F word