Wednesday, July 10, 2013

Cheery Rain Day

DSCN4921

We’ve had a bit of rain here in Cincinnati lately, so today I’m headed out in my rain boots!

DSCN4909

DSCN4926 DSCN4930

DSCN4934

We walked so far today that my little one was exhausted by the time we got home. Nap time! Isn’t she the perfect accessory?!

photo (10) DSCN4913

DSCN4939

After our nap, it was time to make dinner.  I’ve recently had a few bloggers ask if I always wear heels.  Well, I must admit I adore my stilettos and do wear them most of the time, but I also get comfy at home – especially when cooking – and typically end up in my workout clothes.

Tonight I made grilled lemon pepper chicken, herb potato salad, and sweet corn bread.

DSCN4947

Londyn’s Lemon Pepper Chicken:

  • 1/3 cup fresh squeezed lemon juice
  • 1/4 cup finely chopped or grated shallot
  • 3 cloves of garlic – grated or crushed
  • 1/4 to 1/3 cup olive oil (can substitute with veggie oil)
  • 1 tablespoon of brown sugar (or honey)
  • 1 tablespoon of fresh cracked black pepper
  • 2 teaspoons lemon zest
  • 3/4 teaspoon salt

Mix the marinade and pour over 2.5 pounds / 4 chicken quarters.  Let marinade set on chicken (refrigerate in plastic freezer bag) for at least 4 hours – then grill until crispy and juices run clear.  Enjoy!!

7 comments:

blackberryfashion said...

cute boots :)

International Persunmall Giveaway
Firmoo Giveaway – 7 winners!!
Udobuy Giveaway – 2 winners will win 1 of 2 tops!

Laxmi Gurung said...

Hello sweety! Sorry for replying late as I was stuck with my studies.. And thanks for stopping by (: Nice post btw.. love reading it.. Hope you visit me as well..

Love,
www.fashionholicsparkle.blogspot.com

Mica said...

Aww your dog is adorable :)

Love the polka dot rainboots with your striped dress too! Every time the rainy season hits here I begin to wonder why I don't have rianboots, haha!


The lemon pepper chicken sounds lovely! And I usually end up in comfy clothes at home too :)

Oana O said...

Love you wellingtons!

Anonymous said...

Why is your head tilted down in every single picture? You're gorgeous and should show your face proudly to the entire world.

Londyn said...

You are sweet and funny :) I'll try to remember that! To my defense I have 2 picures in this post where I'm smiling directly at the camera, so it's really 50% ;) LOL

Flash Gordon said...

hi hun, great post..wanna follow each other, just tell me when u follow me than i'll follow u back immediately.
Loves
trokesland.blogspot.com