Friday, June 21, 2013

Summertime

DSCN4658

the brands… dress: Forever XXI. swimsuit: Victoria’s Secret. cover-up: Raviya.

A bit of a repeat today!  I wore this dress last weekend, and it was just so perfect for a summer day that I pulled it out again today. I just had to decide on my accessories this time around.  Yellow or black sandals? Necklace or no necklace?

DSCN4663 DSCN4666

While my tan is usually done via faux tan spray by my local salon, today I got a bit of the real deal!  I started the day at the zoo for a work event, and ended the day at the pool.  Who says you can’t be fashionable while laying poolside?  I admit that I have close to 10 swimsuits and multiple cover-ups.  This sheer embellished and cinched waist cover-up is my favorite!

DSCN4673

Since it is pool season, I’ve decided to set a health goal for the coming months.  Weight loss: 10lbs.  Fitness: TONE!  Weight lifting and targeted cardio 4x a week.  Nutrition: More focus on natural non-processed, fresh food (with of course a few treats here and there – I’m not dead ya know!?)

Fruit, nuts, ground flax seed, and almond milk for breakfast:

DSCN4657

Grilled veggies and quinoa for lunch.  Tomatoes, mozzarella (my treat), and olives for snack.  Grilled chicken, brown rice, and salad for dinner.

DSCN4674

Since I knew I was going to be re-upping my health routine, last week I made my mom’s spaghetti and meatballs, my own chicken pot pie, and my grandma’s sugar cookies. YUM!

Eleanor’s Sugar Cookies:

  • 1 cup granulated sugar
  • 1 cup powdered sugar
  • 1 cup butter
  • 1 cup vegetable oil
  • 1 teaspoon vanilla
  • 2 eggs
  • 1/2 teaspoon salt
  • 1 teaspoon cream of tarter
  • 4.5 cups flour
  • 1 teaspoon baking soda

Mix dry ingredients in medium bowl.  In a separate large bowl mix eggs, oil, vanilla, and SOFT butter.  Add dry mix to wet mix, a little at a time until mixed.  Chill 10 minutes.  Roll into 1-2 inch size balls. Flatten with bottom of glass dipped in sugar (I do this twice to get enough sugar on the cookies). Cook at 375 degrees for 8-10 minutes.  So good!

I’ll be missing you over the next couple months cookies…!

9 comments:

Ali Hval said...

Mozzarella and tomatoes--yumyum! Yup, good thing about summer is it's a lot easier to stay on track with your eating. And it's WARM which makes it easier to work out!!

I'm adoring your pretty printed dress. It looks great on its own but the necklace really suits the tribal theme. Cute! :D

Emily said...

I love that dress and cover up!
PS- Thanks for checking out my blog :)
-Emily
http://darlingyouareadoll.blogspot.com/

Melissa said...

You have a great style. I love that dress so much...the coverup, too!

Melissa
http://wildflwrchild.blogspot.com

Lorena said...

What a beautiful cover up !
You could wear a slip underneath and use it as a dress.

Jasmine said...

Wow, those dresses are gorgeous! You look so pretty.

xx Jasmine
superficialthingsss.blogspot.com

Londyn said...

Love this idea Lorena!! Thanks :-)

Mica said...

That dress is so pretty! I can see why you would wear it again so soon. Really like the necklace with it too :)

Ginger said...

Hello fellow busy professional:) I stumbled upon your blog just now, and it is always a pleasure to see similar people as myself having such a love for fashion! I'll be following you, and am excited to see your future posts as a busy yet fashionable woman;)

Ginger @ Chic by Night
chicbynight.blogspot.com

SciNerdGirl said...

Wow, Londyn You're looking fantastic these days. Just got back from the beach myself and I'm sporting a little color too (unfortunately the color is red). Love the dress with the necklace.