Sunday, April 14, 2013

Wear it!

the brands… top: Ann Taylor. shoes: Nine West. purse: Ivanka Trump.

DSCN3863 DSCN3864

I haven’t worn this skirt quite a while because it was honestly getting a bit too tight… but I’ve lost a few pounds in recent months, so I dared to try it again and I think it looked okay.

For us ladies who tend to be proportioned with fuller blessings on the bottom than the top, fashion history has recommended wearing darker colors on the bottom and lighter colors on top, but I say “no deal!” – embrace and celebrate the body you’ve been given and wear whatever colors you want wherever you want to.  As long as fit is right, you’re good to go in my book!

9 comments:

Francesca Romana Capizzi said...

You look so classy! I love that bag!!
Don't Call Me Fashion Blogger
Facebook
Bloglovin'

Alice in La La said...

gorgeous style, adoring your blog!
check out our new blog – behind the scenes at our fashion agency!

lots of love from La-La Land
xx

Tinfoil Tiaras said...

What a gorgeous printed top and I love the pop of pink!

Elegance Personified said...

This is a great outfit that can take you from work to dinner and/or cocktails. I have always loved this Ann Taylor top of yours. And I agree about your idea on that 'fashion rule'. My body is actually the opposite of what you mentioned but I wear whatever I like as long as I think it looks decent on me and makes me feel confident.

Mica said...

That skirt looks great on you! I like it with the printed top :)

Always Maylee said...

You look so pretty and classy, love the skirt!

xo, Yi-chia
Always Maylee

Denisa said...

Nice outfit and that bag looks perfect. Have a nice day.

http://www.fashiondenis.com/

Lorena said...

Great look i particularly love the top - I can imagine it being worn with a collar necklace.

Anon Manon said...

This is a lovely outfit. I love the professional look. I like the brown and cream colors(two of my favorite palettes) As for you 'fashion rule' i tottaly agree. Besides, some love those who are more busy an bumpin' in the booty
(much like,say...yourself?) ;)