Monday, February 4, 2013

Monday Monday

DSCN3366 DSCN3369

It’s Monday Monday all over again and snow is back in the air, so it’s time to layer up.  I must have been channeling my professional stylista because I felt like suiting up this morning.  Classic with just a pop of pattern and color.

While I may suit up for work, at home I’m typically in workout clothes.  Possibly surprising, but true!  The heels come off and I like to be comfortable.  I also like to workout as much as possible and being in workout clothes while at home is the best motivation to do a few lunges or sit ups while watching tv, waiting for the laundry… or whatever. What do you wear when you’re lounging at home?

DSCN3360

While I thoroughly enjoy working out, staying on a healthy diet is a love-hate relationship for me.  I LOVE fried foods, cheese, and chocolate, so filling up on veggies doesn’t always stay on my good list.  On the flip side, I do really enjoy healthy fresh food, so I try to keep things balanced.

Over the weekend, I experimented with a few healthy recipes and one of my favorites was a broccoli spread.  First, I steamed a head of broccoli.  In a sauté pan, I then put the broccoli with some grated yellow onion, a clove of garlic, a drizzle of olive oil, and a handful of edamame for just a very few minutes.  Into the food processor the mixture went with a dash of salt and pepper.  Perfect to use like a pesto – on pasta, pizza, bruschetta, or a great potato topper!

DSCN3363

4 comments:

Mica said...

Lovely Monday outfit - I really like the printed top with your suit :)

Sarah R said...

That spread looks delish! I'm not a mustard or mayo fan, so I may be stealing this one. Thanks for the tip! I like your idea of being in workout gear at home.

Always Maylee said...

You look so cute. Such a classy outfit.

xo, Yi-chia
Always Maylee

Elegance Personified said...

That broccoli spread sounds fantastic & simple, too. Looks yummy on the potatoes.

You look powerful and sexy in this suit with the sexy top and fun earrings.