Sunday, January 20, 2013

Suit Switch

DSCN3283

There are days when I choose to wear a blazer and business skirt or trousers, but I don’t necessarily want to look like I’m “suiting up”.  I find a great way to lessen the formality of a suit is to simply mix and match.  Black blazer with grey skirt is a classic option.  The reverse would work as well, or any combination that included one neutral to create a chic and business appropriate ensemble.  To create a bit more interest, add a sheer, pattern or color top, or consider some funky shoes or statement jewelry.

2 comments:

Kaolee said...

This is a great idea. I don't ever wear blazers to work since it makes me feel too dressed up and formal. But I do see some of the girls in my office wear them and it definitely looks cute. I'll have to search for one to wear!

Mica said...

Great tip! Also makes me feel better as I don't have a full matching suit so I never end up matching when I wear a blazer to work, haha!