Tuesday, January 22, 2013

Silhouette

DSCN3290

I’ve always loved the vintage pin up look, and while I’ve never tried to pull off the style myself, I do take inspiration from it by finding sexy, but not overtly suggestive, ways of highlighting my silhouette.

It’s easy to feel insecure when media so often only highlights an idealistic and unreal type of beauty, but embracing our own uniqueness (body, mind, soul – and style!) can be empowering.  I hope you celebrate your silhouette and all your unique beauty today too.

DSCN3298DSCN3302

DSCN3306

9 comments:

Melissa said...

OMG Where did you get those shoes? They're amazing!

Morgan said...

I LOVE that snakeskin top and those hot hot hot shoes!! Where did you get the top!?

Anonymous said...

You certainly should not feel insecure. You are absolutely gorgeous!!

Mica said...

Love your printed top, and the red belt is a great way to show off your tiny waist :)

Cammila said...

Those heels are freaking awesome. I LOVE the detailing!

chiara said...

You look great in this outfit (and the shoes!). Unfortunately, I am almost waist-less, and don't like myself in "pin-up" kind of clothes...

Londyn said...

@ Melissa - I got them from Dillards.

@ all - thanks so much for the lovely and sweet comments! :)

Elegance Personified said...

I agree whole-heartedly about what you said. You are a tall, elegant, well-shaped, toned woman who is not a skinny mini but who has beautiful curves to embrace. Also, this outfit I love everything about it, especially the shoes & blazer. One of your best this year. =)

cALyPsO said...

OOOhh.. that last picture is AWESOME!!!
You need to get that blown up to an engineering print (black & white) and glue it on a foamboard and display it in the bedroom..
Very nice pic!!!!!