Sunday, December 16, 2012

Blue for 2

DSCN3049 DSCN3050

Well it must be blue dress week, because here I am again all in blue. I have a lot of favorite dresses, but this one is high on the list. The dress brand is Gianni Bini and the boots are Bakers. The pink purse is Ivanka Trump. I couldn't be more comfortable while still feeling fabulous. Win win for me.

DSCN3051 DSCN3054

On the home front, weekends and evenings have been filled with tweaking little odds and ends.  Yes, for any “You’ve Got Mail” fans – I said “tweaking”.  Most recently, I’ve changed out the hardware on our kitchen cabinetry.  The original hardware was brand new, but it just wasn’t us – it was frilly and fussy with little leaf-like detailing when I was looking for clean and sleek.

Out with the old:

DSCN3117DSCN3120

And in with the new:

DSCN3121DSCN3122

Another recent project was finding a creative way to incorporate some additional storage in our mud room.  There isn’t any room to put storage on the floor, so I needed to find something for the walls.  I looked at floating shelves, but wanted something more industrial and easier to use.  My solution – wire baskets mounted to the wall!  I love them.  I think they are a little funky and super functional.  Unfortunately, my hubby hates them.  I think he just needs some time to warm up to the idea…  We’ll see.

DSCN3123

2 comments:

chiara said...

I definitely prefer your new hardware. It's more modern and sleek!

Visceral Maze said...

love your little home project! I think you look amazing in blue. Thank you for following me. I am following oyu back. My blogger button is the join this site on the followers gadget :)

www.visceralmaze.blogspot.com

Anu