Tuesday, September 18, 2012

Lovin Leopard

the brands… tops: inc. skirt: ann taylor. shoes: bcbg.

DSCN2820

Years ago I had someone ask me why I was looking down.  “Are you upset? sad?”  “No” – I responded, “I’m looking at shoes!”

Ah, shoes… mama loves ya.

DSCN2821

In addition to shoes, I also love cooking!  Tonight I decided to try Ina Garten’s Spring Green Risotto.  It was amazing!  So creamy and flavorful.  In addition to the veggies Ina suggested, I also added mushrooms, zucchini, and artichokes.  Healthy and delish!

Start with a sauté

DSCN2835

Prep veggies for a heart healthy meal

DSCN2836

Add broth and stir, stir, stir…

DSCN2837

Still stirring…

DSCN2838

Time to eat!

DSCN2839

6 comments:

Elegance Personified said...

I like a nice, easy, healthy risotto filled with vegetables. This sounds delish and the recipe seems simple. I will have to try making it. What spices did you add for flavoring?

Also, great cardigan and blouse and those shoes are gorgeous. I love the double ruffles mirroring themselves on your tops. =)

Mica said...

The food looks yummy and your leopard shoes are so cute! :)

Londyn said...

Hi EP - yes, was very easy, just time consuming. Spices / herbs can be found on the recipe link.

Sarah R said...

I love the leopard, and I love Ina Garten! And it looks like you own Le Creuset cookware? My sister used to work at the LC outlet store in St. Augustine when she was in college, and I used to buy pieces with her discount whenever I had the money. Great investment, something that will be passed onto my children someday when I pass.

SciNerdGirl said...

Mascarpone cheese in risotto, such a clever idea I'll need to try that next time I make it. If you want another little secret, add some freshly ground nutmeg (I know it sounds weird, but trust me) for an additional layer of flavor complexity.

I love the shoes, and the ruffled cardigan and blouse are just delicious.

Londyn said...

oh nutmeg! I trust you b/c I love ground nutmeg on greens too :)