Monday, July 2, 2012

Natural

the brands… dress: calvin klein. scarf: banana republic. shoes: steve madden.

DSCN2190 DSCN2188

Since I came back from Europe, I wanted to try the European chic look.  I swear, European women looked so effortlessly beautiful.  I know I’m generalizing, but this was what I noticed.  It was a different kind of beautiful than I see in the US.  Their makeup was much lighter, hair was much more natural, and hardly anyone wore heels (they have to walk to much!). How fabulous! 

I just have to try this – was my thought… Ok, so this was my effort.  I felt okay, but not great.  I felt a bit frumpy and like I didn’t have enough natural beauty to make it work…  I’m not sure if it’s just the American culture and desire for perfection that made me feel this way or just my own insecurities, but either way I noticed the uncomfortable feeling that came with being a bit more exposed.  At the end of the day, feeling a bit more vulnerable was likely good for me and I hope to go more natural a bit more often.  Hope you join me!

Below: new Italian handbag.  Isn’t she lovely?!?

DSCN2191

2 comments:

Mica said...

I really like this look - and your new bag! The dress has a beautiful print :)

AwayFromTheBlue.blogspot.com.au

Elegance Personified said...

I like the scarf... and the dress. Even together they look nice, however this is definitely more of a Fall look especially with those colors. It has been too hot of a summer to wear scarves. Even elbow-sleeves are barely bearable. Thank God for air-conditioned offices.

I agree about your opinion on European women though. I currently live in Europe, in the largest city in Albania and I have a ton of walking to do yet look presentable at work. Flats are my friends. By the way, what a gorgeous bag, what designer is it?