Sunday, March 25, 2012

My black buckled blazer

DSCN1516 DSCN1515

One thing that has been for many years and will continue for many more to be a staple in my wardrobe is a great black blazer.  It’s classic, sexy, powerful, and chic – what more could you ask for?

If my blazer could talk… it would say… I was purchased in 2004 at JC Penny’s in Florence, KY mall.  My name is Bisou Bisou and Londyn almost didn’t take me home with her when we first met.  I knew we were meant to be together, but she was torn between me and another fancy-shmancy black blazer that had a buckle in the back.  Thankfully my stylish front pocket buckles won her over and we’ve been together ever since.  She wears me when she wants to feel particularly stylish but professional and I’ve attended many large meetings and even an interview or two over the years.  Londyn takes good care of me and dry cleans me regularly.  I hope we’ll be together for many years to come.

6 comments:

Sarah R said...

Kathy?

SHOEGAL said...

Why is your blazer calling you Kathy? Isn't Londyn your real name?

Londyn said...

You caught me ladies! If you're a long time reader of my blog, I've mentioned a few times that Londyn is my nickname and Kathy is my given name. Since my blazer and I "met" back in 2004 I reverted back :)

Kasmira said...

I've always loved that blazer! Professional, yet edgy!

Mica said...

Such a cute blazer! I like your skirt with it too :) Really nice that you've had it so long!


AwayFromTheBlue.blogspot.com.au

Elegance Personified said...

One of my favorite blazers of yours, Kathy. =) I had read your real name about a year or so ago but had forgotten it. LOL I love how you spruced up this outfit in the color & detail area with those Magenta Pumps and that animal-print shell.