Sunday, January 1, 2012

Hello New Year!

DSCN1202 DSCN1199

It’s time to celebrate the new year and I can’t resist the urge to put on a little sparkle.  It’s just not a New Year celebration without it for me! 

I love this skirt, but with such a full skirt and dense wool material – it’s not always the easiest thing to wear.  My tip for wearing a full skirt such as this is to cinch it in with a detailed belt and top it off with a more fitted blouse.  Since it’s still chilly out, tights were definitely called for, and of course – fabulous shoes are a must.  Ready to celebrate!

I’m so thankful for the amazing, caring, and crazy people in my life and can’t wait to see what another year will bring.  I’m not sure if I’ll have resolutions for this year or not, but my constant hope and goal is to share love with those around me and to appreciate and find joy in each day.

Happy New Year!

9 comments:

Haidée said...

You look very pretty


Thank you for your lovely comment

Mica said...

Love the sparkle - a great new years outfit!

Thanks for the tip for full skirts and belts - I need to find myself more pretty belts like the one you are wearing in this outfit!

http://awayfromtheblue.blogspot.com/

Paul said...

Looks great to me

Tiffany said...

you look great, I love the outfit!! Hope you had an awesome new year's..all the best for 2012 :D

Leftbanked.

Kasmira said...

Love the outfit...and the HAIR! Happy New Year!

Lorena said...

Perfect outfit !
you look lovely :)
HNY

Teodora said...

Happy New Year, Londyn!

Teodora

Elegance Personified said...

Fun, colorful, cheerful & unexpected. Love your NY Eve Outfit, beautiful. I just posted mine too. I did sequins this year as well. Here is a link to it http://elegancepersonification.blogspot.com/2012/01/my-new-years-eve-2012-outfit.html

Please comment, I'd like to see your take on it.

~Hurricane B~ said...

I want this outfit. Good tip on the outfit, full skirts are great but good idea for the belt so then people see you have a waist and not just all hips. =) You are wearing one of my top five FAVORITE(like want to steal) shoes of yours! Also I really like the hair, seemed to have more volume than normal.