Friday, August 5, 2011

Picnic Hello

the brands… dress: Mossimo.  studded short sleeve cardigan: INC.  shoes: TJ Maxx.  watch: Guess.

DSCF6577

What to wear to a company picnic in 100 degree weather when I still plan to go into the office and work for part of the day as well?

What else?  A dress.

For the picnic, I was able to ditch the top and swap my wedges for fancy flip flops.  It worked great!

Now if I had only known more people at the event… That’s one of the difficult things of changing companies – it’s starting all over on the get-to-know-you part. 

For as outgoing as I often can be, I also have a shy, loner side as well.  In that case, I’ll just have to let my clothes do the talking for me.  Hopefully this dress says “Come say hi!”.

5 comments:

Nav said...

love the dress with a casual feel but with a nice top, its work appropraite too!!

I know how you feel about starting over with the"getting to know co-workers part" I started a job only a month ago too! Hopefully it was a good time :)

xo Nav
http://navlandstyle.blogspot.com/

Teodora said...

I totally understand what you mean about starting a new job and meeting people. In fact, I've missed parties because I felt like I don't know anyone!

You looked fabulous!

Teodora
Teodoraslookbook.com

BarbaRove said...

just love your blog! love the dress! u look beautiful! Im from Brazil! take a look: barbarove.blogspot xoxoxo

joie said...

incredibly gorgeous as always. love that blue on you.

Elegance Personified said...

I love love love this look. You look so perky, pretty and proper. Adorable blue dress and shoes. =)