Monday, August 29, 2011

Business to Evening

DSCN0128 DSCN0130

I adore a simple well fitting black dress.  There’s just something about it that makes me feel sexy and sophisticated. 

One thing to remember is that they won’t always fit perfectly off the rack.  It’s not you!  It’s the clothes.  I had to do a bit of nip/tucking work on this dress before it would fit properly.  No pain no gain I figure.  It was worth it!

As not to be overly “evening” at work, I added a fun salmon colored cardigan.  However, for my after work cocktail I ditched the cardi an went with the all black look (well – almost all black, I did have leopard shoes!).

DSCN0131 DSCN0134

DSCN0127 DSCN0124

5 comments:

questforfashionsense.com said...

That black dress looks amazing on you! The nipping and tucking did the trick b/c it looks like the dress was made for you. Salmon's a great color for you, too--very flattering.

Melissa said...

This is utterly perfect for a day-to-evening outfit. You look gorgeous!

Naturally Fashionable said...

Love this dress on you!

Elegance Personified said...

This dress is pretty, a very classic and sophisticated silouhette. ;-) Love that salmon cardi too, girly and cute. I like the cropped style. That dress can go from day to night, for sure.

Teodora said...

Oh, nothing better than a perfectly fitting black dress and leopard shoes.

Teodora
teodoraslookbook.com