Wednesday, June 1, 2011

Finding my balance

the brands… dress: tahari.  shoes: furla.  belt: tj maxx.  bracelet: macy’s.  purse: won through fashion flirts.

DSCF6297 DSCF6292 

DSCF6294

I love bringing a little edginess to a professional look, so I paired my studded belt and rocker shoes with this conservative dress to balance the ensemble.

I immediately fell in love with these shoes when I saw them and initially thought they felt like butter on my feet they were so comfortable… Little did I know. 

I ended up going on a “walk & talk” meeting at work, and by the end of the 20 min conversation my feet were killing me!  These shoes are definitely not made for walking.  I’ll be wearing them only for sitting pretty in the future!

8 comments:

Style & Poise said...

Cute professional look with edge!

Roni

Sheila said...

I hate it when shoes that you think will be comfy end up killing your feet. It's such a let-down.

However, these *are* great shoes - I can see why you fell in love!

Cyn said...

I love this dress every time you wear it. I think it's the Mad Men-inspired cut and the color.

But the belt and shoes really modernize it. You look great!

Kasmira said...

That dress is so wonderful! I bet it looks even more amazing in person with your eyes!

Karla said...

Great outfit! Love the belt and shoes!

Lorena said...

Gorgeous dress !

Iris said...

I like the edginess you bought to the outfit, the belt looks great. It's a bummer that those shoes weren't more comfy :(

Elegance Personified said...

This is one of my most favorite dresses/pieces in your wardrobe. Great, classic, elegant, Jackie. O type of Sheath. =) I love how you have spiced it up with the coral bangle and the funky, hot heels. Love the shoes in this post and the previous post (with the mismatched items.)