Monday, May 16, 2011

Impromptu Wedding

(no, not mine… sorry mom!)

After a long week of travel, I woke up on Saturday morning only to receive an 8:30am message that a wedding of a close friend / family member would be happening that very day at 1pm.

What else is a girl to do but run to the nearest nail salon, smather a liberal amount of self-tanner on, and rummage through the closet for a dress that’s clean and hopefully fits!?!

DSC00793

DSCF4726

The wedding was lovely and the couple very happy, so the day was a great success – rushing, rummaging and all!

DSCF6245 DSCF6250

the brands… dress: jcp.  shoes: steve madden.  peach trench: chadwicks.  clutch: thrift.

10 comments:

Megan Mae said...

That dress is gorgeous and is perfect for a summer wedding! It fits you like a glove.

SHOEGAL said...

Love the shoes!

Brittany D'Lynne said...

And you look gorgeous!!

Baby Budget Blog said...

Very cute dress. Love the blues in it! Thanks so much for your comment on my blog! Follow each other?

www.plentyforpennies.com

sacramento said...

Thank you so much for following me. I think you are lovely.
Following you back.
XXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXX

Melissa said...

Wow, for being caught off-guard, you certainly do look incredible and utterly perfect for a summer wedding! I love that dress and those shoes!!!

Come take a look inside A Working Mom's Closet

Stacy said...

Thanks for visiting my blog, glad I found yours. Those shoes are perfect with that dress!

Baby Budget Blog said...

Following you now (I used the Follow button at the top of the page and sometimes this doesn't work). Let me know if you don't see me!

Elegance Personified said...

That dress is soo soo pretty and perfect for a day and/or outdoor wedding. You look very British Chic. Actually a lovely hat would add some flair to this beautiful and colorful outfit, with royal blue pumps, coral trenchcoat and the yellow clutch.

Iris said...

That dress is amazing! I think that is the perfect outfit to wear to any event :)