Tuesday, March 8, 2011

Bold & Subtle

the brands…  orange/red ruffle blazer: inc.  print top: anne klein.  skirt: apt 9.  print shoes: steve madden luxe.  boots: chadwicks.  tights: ?

DSCF5900 DSCF5907

I wore option 1 (left) of this look at a recent business meeting in Florida.  Since it was sunny and 70’s, I could get away with bare legs.  Back in Cincinnati now, I decided to re-wear the look with a simple addition of tights and boots.

DSCF5905 DSCF5906

the bold… a bright ruffle blazer is not to be ignored!  This was a bit of an investment piece, but I adore it and think it will be useful for years to come. 

the subtle… I adore pattern mixing, but if it’s still a bit new to you or if you simply prefer a more conservative approach – I suggest trying something like this subtle mix of pattern between the top and the shoes (option 1 / left) or the top and the tights (option 2 / right).

4 comments:

SHOEGAL said...

Fabulous jacket!

Anonymous said...

Simply stunning, my dear... if I knew any better I'd wife ya. ;)

Crys said...

Looks great! I love the first look

ching said...

that color is great on you.