Tuesday, February 22, 2011

Ruching Madness

the brands… sweater: express.  necklace: macy’s.  skirt: jolt.  tights: ?  boots: dolce vita. 

Ruching is a sewing technique which gathers fabric to form what I consider little ruffles.  It’s a very flattering way to conceal anything that needs concealing… and also can create a nice lean line when vertically placed.  I went on ruching overload this weekend and wore not only a ruched top, but a ruched skirt as well!

DSCF5828

DSCF5830 DSCF5833

Yesterday, I posted my fancy peek-a-boo tights outfit, so today I’m sharing my casual version.  Flat boots did the trick!  Still a little sexy, but much more casual and everyday than the dress and heels look.

DSCF5814 DSCF5819

5 comments:

Melissa said...

Those tights are seriously incredible. I love the pop of red in your necklace too!

Come take a look inside A Working Mom's Closet

Sarah said...

I love this necklace too! Very nice casual outfit!

Enter my Scarf Giveaway!

Healthy and Homemade said...

Trust me you have absolutely nothing to conceal! =P

You look absolutely gorgeous!

Elegance Personified said...

Those tights are incredible but I prefer them better on date night.

Rudy53420 said...

♥♥♥♥♥♥