Thursday, February 3, 2011

The Kindness of Strangers

Print Top: Express.  Cardigan: Worthington.  Belt: Thrifted.  Jeans: Ann Taylor LOFT.  Shoes: Nicole Miller.

DSCF5715

DSCF5716 DSCF5717

Today started in a bit of a fiasco…but ended up much better than expected.  I ran out of gas on my way to work!  Thank goodness I was close to a gas station and thank goodness I had boots on. 

I walked to the nearest gas station only to have the nicest person help me get things sorted out.  It was an older gentleman who worked at the convenience store, even though I said I could take care of it, he insisted on helping.  He let me use a brand new gas can for free, filled up the can for me and even walked with me back to the car to make sure everything was a-okay. 

In a world filled with too much focus on money, status, and trying to “one up” everyone, I am always so thankful to find there are genuine and sincerely thoughtful people in the world. 

11 comments:

Mandy said...

That is so cool! Running out of gas is one of my biggest driving fears - I'm so glad this guy helped you out!

Sarah said...

That is wonderful!! It is so nice to know that there are still people in our crazy world that are so kind and helpful!

On another note - the top and cardigan are beautiful! The color of the cardigan is just beautiful on you!!

Sarah at Classroom Chic

bi-bi said...

uuuwww...uww..uw...

looks simple but so elegant and inspirative..
(^_^)

Rebecca said...

Thanks for passing on the encouraging thought! (He probably saw how sweetly you were dressed and felt compelled to help....)

Anonymous said...

wow, what a fantastic story of chivalry. just when i was losing faith in humanity :)

Donna said...

Awwww, what a sweetie! Your outfit looks nice and cheerful for the nasty weather we've been having.

BBM said...

u definitely take casual chic to a totally different level! work it babe!

laura said...

i love that cardi!

liz said...

First that cardi is such a fabulous color, and how sweet to be helped by a stranger!

Ears to the Feet said...

Loving the look and the shoes are mean (meaning good)!

http://www.earstothefeet.com/

Elegance Personified said...

I have run out of gas a few times, it happened to me twice this winter alone. Last time, about 3-4 weeks ago this stranger approached me, a gentleman a few years younger than me who drove me to the nearest gas station and back. At first I was afraid to get in his car because you never know about strangers but I got a good vibe from him. There are GOOD & GREAT people in this world, after all. =)

P.S. Nice outfit. I need to buy that blouse from Express. ;-)