Tuesday, February 8, 2011

Hot Mama!

DSCF5768

The event…This weekend, my mom and I went to an event at the Peterloon Estate.  Peterloon is a beautiful estate previously occupied by John Emery, a man who truly had a hand in creating Cincinnati history.  To name a few things in Emery’s background, he built Cincinnati’s well known Carew Tower, the Terrance Plaza Hotel, founded Cincinnati Day School, and was a great contributor to the Cincinnati Art Museum.  Not a bad resume! 

The estate was gorgeous (Georgian and Queen Anne styles with 36 rooms, 19 fireplaces, 21 baths, and a wing of guest rooms), the event was lovely and I was so proud to be with my hot mama!

DSCF5764 DSCF5765

The brands… Top: Ann Taylor.  Skirt: INC.  Tights: Dillards.  Shoes: BCBG.

The fashion… As it was a professional cocktail event, I decided to do my beloved style preference of “covered sexy”.  A fitted silhouette with fishnets makes for my perfect choice.  I’m also loving silk blends right now.  Their so soft and luxurious, and lord knows my drycleaner is loving them too… (cha ching!)

9 comments:

Anonymous said...

I love this outfit - your mom is sooo pretty! Hope you had a good time!

chiara said...

You look great, as usual. But your mom looks awesome!!!

Brittany D'Lynne said...

No, YOU'RE gorgeous! Love this outfit, and you really did get "covered sexy" just right! And your mom is lovely too!

Melissa said...

Holy cow, you two are beautiful!!! Simply stunning!

I really adore those tights and the blouse is so pretty. I'm glad you had a good time!

Anonymous said...

I can see where you get your great looks!

*Courtney* said...

You look awesome and I am in totally envious of this outfit!!! You and your Mom both look fabulous!!!

~Courtney
sassyjeweler.wordpress.com

Iris said...

Wow, you momma is lovely! You both look great :)

Londyn said...

thanks to all :) such sweet comments!

Elegance Personified said...

Both you and your mom are beautiful ladies and you looked dressed to the nines in your ensembles. I love how her dress can go from someone her age to someone as young as you and I. I love your top and skirt too which can look like a 2-fer dress too. And the tights are to die for. LOL