Tuesday, February 1, 2011

dressed up jeans & tee

DSCF5741

This weekend, a small group of us went to see comedian / actor John Witherspoon.  Anyone who’s been to a comedy club knows that you don’t want to wear anything too outrageous lest the comedian catch sight and decide to make you joke of the night.  With that random rule of thumb in mind, I went for a sleek look of dressed up jeans and a tee.  

The top is really fun because it has zippers across the shoulders.  I can either keep in close zipped and conservative or very unzipped and sexy (off the shoulder, etc..).  To “fancify” the look, I added some croc purple accent heels, a colorful necklace, and bright lips.

DSCF5746 DSCF5739 

DSCF5744 DSCF5753

11 comments:

Iris said...

I love the detail on your shirt. Those are the best types of t-shirts!

Anonymous said...

how come you don't show closeups of your shoes anymore?

Rhonda said...

I'm in love with that tee and need to know where it's from!!

eek said...

Your necklace really ups the ante on your outfit. You look gorgeous, as usual. :)

Melissa said...

What a gorgeous night-out look! That's a fabulous top and I love the necklace.

Hope you had a great time!

Charlotte said...

Very cute shirt. I love the way your necklace really stands out.

Lorena said...

I hope the outfit worked for you....
I went to a stand up comedy about 2 years ago in NY.
I am simply dressed - and one of the comedians picked on me all night long--- and the jokes were sexual.
Not fun.

All walks of frugality said...

Love the outfit!! wonder how it would have looked with shoes that had a pop of color? God Bless!!! keep the outfits comin.

Londyn said...

Anon - I still try and give shoe close ups as much as possible (check out my last few posts!), but had initially skipped it on this post.

Just for you, I added one! :)

bi-bi said...

looks girly.. looks good.. and looks pretty..

Elegance Personified said...

Nice and proper look for a girls night out. It can work to a restaurant, bar, club and a comedy theatre or stand-up comedy. =)