Tuesday, January 25, 2011

Schoolgirl Chic

Sweater: Ann Taylor Loft.  Skirt: Moda Int’l.  Tights: Simply Vera.  Shoes: Steven.  Bracelet: Macy’s.

48 47 

Who says a pleated skirt has to be sweet valley high-esque?  It can still be professional and chic when paired with classic items such as I did here.  The length of the skirt and fact that it’s not plaid also probably helps too (don’t get wrong though – I LOVE plaid skirts!!).

***

My detail love continues…  buttons on the back of my sweater, fun shoes, and a patterned cuff.

49 51

DSCF5043

8 comments:

Melissa said...

Sweet Valley High - I used to LOVE those books!

This is a great outfit, that bright pink is awesome on you!

Brittany D'Lynne said...

Ugh, I owned the entire series! You look great here - so easy and classic. Those shoes are awesome everytime you wear them!

Charlotte said...

Those shoes are so much fun! I have a pleated skirt with an argyle pattern I've only worn for Halloween to this point. I should try to make it work IRL, but not at work. It's much too short.

Jodi said...

ohhhh drooling over your shoes... fantastic!! and that color looks so amazing on you... is it coral? hard to tell on my computer screen!!
xox J

Collette Osuna said...

Please pass those shoes...so pretty....love the top too:)

Stop by and say Hello:)
Editor, The Fashion 411 Magazine♥

Ariel Maile Adkins said...

The shoes are amazing...I love the color! I'm following your blog! :)

Rach said...

Your shoes are too cute! Great outfit all together!
Sugar Filled Closet

Elegance Personified said...

OK, i adore this look, professional yet girly. It's funny because I have the turtleneck version of this sweater in this same pinkish-red color from Loft and yesterday I bought this same exact sweater (in a crew-neck) in a light peach color and I do love the metallic button details on both of my new sweaters. =)

I must say the shoes and bracelet add so much to this outfit and make it MORE FUN!!