Sunday, January 2, 2011

It’s a new year

Dress: Cache.  Jewelry: Macy’s & Forever XXI.  Shoes: Baby Phat.

DSCF5506 DSCF5510

DSCF5507 DSCF5508 - Copy

I purchased this dress a few weeks ago and thought immediately that it would be perfect for New Year’s Eve.  It has a great fit to create a nice silhouette and has fun bling with the gold zipper, but it’s also a cotton blend so wonderfully comfortable.  Finally, it was thicker and more structured than most cotton blends so was perfect for warmth as well as being figure flattering.  Extra plus – this weekend was fabulously warm in Cincinnati, so no tights required!

I hadn’t decided (until just now) if I’d necessarily make new year’s resolutions or not.  I typically don’t, but this year seems a perfect time to do so. 

So, for me - It’s a new year and a new attitude. 

I will embrace and enjoy life more.  I will take control of the situations in my life that are trying and do what I can to change them.  I will drink wine and eat only food I love.  I will relish my friendships and relationships and love with abandon.

As far as fashion resolutions… I’m not quite sure yet.  Well, I did change my blogfashion template, so that’s something!  I may challenge myself to go for a length of time not purchasing any clothing items whatsoever or try to make 1 clothing / accessory item a month.  What do you think?  Do you have fashion resolutions this year?

9 comments:

Ally said...

Wow - I loooooove this dress. Perfection! Love the gold heels with it too - very simple but chic too.

Iris said...

I love the dress, I like that you had alot of supporting reasons for purchasing it. Also, I love the new background.

I am already trying not to shop but, as a fashion resolution I have a couple of theme weeks that I am going to do so I can keep things fresh. Good luck with whatever you decide :)

Lorena said...

No resolutions for this year... at least not for now.
I kind of need to focus.
Happy 2011...

...Beau Fashion... said...

http://beaufashionxoxo.blogspot.com/
please visit and follow

CassCGirl said...

I didn't start off good then... I bought three new pairs of shoes yesterday :) New Years was fun chick and I love your resolution!

Cassie

Anna said...

That dress is smokin! You look great! Love the new layout.

Keely said...

Gorgeous dress and shoes! I don't know how you can wear those heels day in and day out.

My fashion resolution is to spend less and only buy things I really love and can see myself remixing. It will be tough.

Boutique Girl said...

Happy New Year! That is one fabulous dress!

Elegance Personified said...

A Fabulous simple but fun LBD on an incredible body. The gold zipper picks up the gold straps of your stilettos, however I would have liked to have seen your hair pulled back, and a simple pair of dangly golden metallic earrings.