Thursday, January 6, 2011

Day of comfort and joy

DSCF5516 DSCF5521
DSCF5517 DSCF5519
I adore “bedazzled” tops, but often pass over them online or in the store as they always require additional care and hand washing (which I loathe…).  This top, however, was worth it and I decided I’m willing to pay the hand washing fine to have it.
I admit, today I was dressed solely for comfort and plan to do so all week.  It’s project time @ work, and today I also met with a friend of mine who was visiting from out of town for a late dinner.  What a wonderful evening we had.  My friend is working to become a part of the Dominican Order, a Dominican friar.  I always find his uplifting spirit so unique and his way of looking at the world so beautiful.  What a gift to know so many different perspectives of life are prevalent.

5 comments:

Iris said...

I love tops that have embellishments like that! This looks beautiful peeking our from you blazer. Good luck at work :)

Brittany D'Lynne said...

You look perfect for a casual work day. I like the jeweled top, and I know exactly what you mean about the hand washing. I'm a horrible, lazy person and I just take them to the cleaners and get them to do it there. Probably not worth the $4 since I definitely have the means to "hand wash" at home (well hello hands) but whatever!

All walks of frugality said...

Totally me!!! lovin the outfit, looking forward to your other comfortable outfits. Take care.

Lynne said...

When you know Jesus, you have a peace that passes all understanding. I think you are attracted to Jesus shining through your friend. What a blessing! Love your top-worth the hand wash for sure!

Elegance Personified said...

Nice beaded top, but I especially love the outter part of your outfit: trench-coat, boots and purse.