Monday, January 31, 2011

LBD Revisited

Dress: WD NY.  Sweater: Old Navy.  Belt: TJ Maxx.  Leggings: Forever XXI.  Boots: Steve Madden.

DSCF5727

It may be freezing outside, but I’m still wearing a little black dress! I bundled up with leggings, boots, and a sweater to combat the elements because a LBD is always appropriate – rain, sleet, or shine.

DSCF5735 DSCF5733 DSCF5734

Not only is a LBD all-season’s appropriate, but it’s also so easy to wear.

LBD little to no effort option – purchase a LDB with a special detail (zipper, cut outs, bow belt) and you can wear it unadorned with other clothing layers.

18 2010-06-06%2011.37.23_Cincinnati_Ohio_US[1] 3

LBD little to medium effort option – mix a LBD with just 1 or 2 colorful accessories for a fresh fun look.

DSCF4579 fds

LBD medium+ effort option – pair a LBD with a belt, funky shoes and accessories, as well as a contrasting layer to bring more interest (and warmth!) to the overall look.

103 DSCF5230_thumb[1]

3 comments:

Melissa said...

So many things to say!

I love seeing the different ways you've styled your LBDs.

I adore that red had and coat! Especially the hat. You're adorable!

Red and purple are one of my favorite combinations too. I'll probably join the club when I'm old enough. :)

That blue cardigan is such a pretty color!

I adore those tights, so much.

And...I think that's it. :) You look great!

LyddieGal said...

I love your red hat, and your LBD stylings are fabulous!

Chic on the Cheap

Elegance Personified said...

I love this look a lot. Nice, classy, simple LBD. But even better I love the outterwear and OMG is in Red my most favorite color. The coat & hat are incredible.