Monday, January 17, 2011

Another era

The art of making lace is an tradition that stems from the 15th and 16th centuries.  So it’s fitting yet somewhat haphazard that today (while wearing lace) I received the compliment that I was an “old soul”.  I thought this was such a unique and perceptive compliment.

While I am wholeheartedly thankful for the many conveniences and rights the modern world has brought us, there are few times when I feel like I’m not quite made for this century and would rather find myself either in a domestic role or maybe in Victorian era where I simply read, ate, wrote letters, and walked for my daily routine (what a life! LOL).  At least I’ll always have my Jane Austen whenever I’m feeling out of sorts with my modern life!

DSCF5559 DSCF5556

DSCF5557 DSCF5561

DSCF5560

Lace combined with a few studs and a bit of bling brings my Victorian musings back to reality.

7 comments:

CJ said...

I too am a lace lover. And if you ever figure out how to travel back to Victorian times, take me with you! I can't think of anything more wonderful than dedicating your live to learning about art, literature and domestic things. Who needs a day job?

Brittany D'Lynne said...

Love your lace and studs! What a great combination!

Sarah said...

I love this sweater of yours. THe details are so great. Adorable look!

thequeenofwanderlust.blogspot.com

Tamuna said...

Beautiful ensemble. Your outfits are all so well-coordinated and simple.

http://tamunatko.blogspot.com/

Melissa said...

I love the lace and studs together!

I wonder sometimes what it would be like to live in a different era. It's fun to daydream.

Elegance Personified said...

I love lace. Where is the cardigan from, I love it?

Londyn said...

The cardigan is Banana Republic.