Wednesday, November 17, 2010

What makes me happy

Red Dress: Ann Taylor LOFT.  Sparkle Shoes: Nine West.

DSCF5473DSCF5469 DSCF5475

DSCF5499   

This is another date night pic from our lovely stay-cation and the man actually allowed me to post a picture of him too!!  Isn’t he dashing?  (gush)  :)

This red dress was a labor of love.  I spied on it and tried it on 4 times before purchasing.  Initially it was about $170, then it was on sale for $90 range, then $50 when I actually purchased it (if I remember correctly it was only $50 b/c I got a coupon via advertising).  While I love holding out and getting items on sale, often that luck doesn’t happen. 

If you know you have to have something – then I say spend the $$ – but if you can afford to give or take, then hold out and you may find a fabulous deal!  Another tip to finding deals is to know the store.  Is it a store that often has sales or coupons?  Is it a store that only holds a few sizes of each item in stock and easily gets picked over?  etc… this will ensure you shop (and save!) wisely.

Nine West shoes found on discount @ TJ Maxx.

If you couldn’t tell, sales (& my man!) make me happy  :)

20 comments:

andswedding said...

What a stud! Seriously, cutest guy ever. Love how cute you guys look in your date night duds!

liz said...

you guys make a beautiful couple!

Rebecca said...

You two are very cute together.

Rhonda said...

He is totally hot!

RoAmyLive said...

adorable!!

Kel Ward Photography said...

What a gorgeous couple! Wow. Love your outfit, as ususal.

Elegance Personified said...

Beautiful photos and you look sooooo lovely in that amazing dress. Love that coral-reddish color and the ruffled details. I love Loft and been shopping it a lot, lately.

Your man is handsome, you two are good-looking together. I love those Barbie sparkly shoes. Are they recent/new cause I want to buy them? Could you please look at the box for me and tell me their name cause I know they're Nine West but I want to look for them and the style name will make it easier. Thanks so much.

Wendy said...

Yes, he is a dashing dude. Isn't that what makes like great - a gorgeous man to make you happy and shopping ... especially when you get a bargain. It's seldom that I find something I've really wanted on sale. Thrifting is also not very big in our city - but I am scouting to find our 'charity' stores and wanted to go treasure hunting - maybe this Saturday.

Your dress is gorgeous.

Have a fab day

Lesa said...

Beautiul dress, handsome guy!

Sarah R said...

I think I'd give my right arm to see my man dressed in anything but camo shorts, beer shirts and high tops. You're a lucky woman! And you look lovely as usual.

Anonymous said...

He's cute and he's got great style!

Donna said...

You both look so elegant together...your good lookin' man should have his own fashion blog!

rouli said...

cute post:)

Mrs_L said...

This dress is so beautiful, I turn green with envy!

Courtney said...

LOVE this post. It was nice to see you and your other half together, but I really enjoyed seeing that hot dress! I love the feminine ruffle detail paired with such a bold color. AWESOME!!! Oh, and don't even get me started on those shoes!

Courtney
http://sassyjeweler.wordpress.com

Jodi said...

OKAY... hubba hubba on the dress AND the man.. HI MAN.. you are a very nice fashion statement :) cute!!

great pics Londyn.. you look great :)
j

Londyn said...

Thanks!!

EP - yes, the shoes are a recent purchase, however as I purchased them @ TJ Maxx they didn't come with a box and don't display a style name.

Cyn said...

That dress was well worth stalking- it is a fabulous fit and the shade goes with your coloring.

And I do believe this is the first proper picture I've seen of the boyfriend. What a sharp couple the two of you make!

Bajan Beauty said...

You guys look great! Has anyone ever told your boyfriend he looks like Larenz Tate!

Those shoes are fab!

Healthy and Homemade said...

Great looking couple!!