Monday, October 18, 2010

My suit rules

2019 

I got all gussied up today and put on a suit!  I actually have a ton of suits and separates, but I for some reason I hardly wear them of late.  I might, however, start to wear them more often since I really enjoyed feeling so professional today.  I know… I pretty much always dress in professional attire, but there’s just something empowering about putting on a suit.

My suit rules:
  1. Must be a perfect fit.  Should sit close to the body, provide structure, and flatter figure without being too tight or revealing.
  2. I always look for fun details in a suit, like stitching, buckles, bows, studs – whatever catches your eye. 
  3. Make sure the suit is a quality piece of clothing - good fabric / cut / etc…
  4. Add accessories to showcase personality.  Funky shoes and a bold necklace do the trick for me.
jdkls ncld

10 comments:

Anonymous said...

It's really a shame that the pics of full body are not big enough to appreciate the match of your nice clothes and shoes!! Once you used to upload pic with quality, now they are not good anymore! Don't be offended but it's true, it's just an advice, ok?
Cheers!
Layla :o)

Brittany D'Lynne said...

You rocked it! Looks professional but still young and fun!

Anna said...

I like the details on the jacket, it makes it more than just a plain old suit coat. You look really stylish!

Lisa - respect the shoes said...

I think this suit is fantastic on you! The fit is so flattering and I really like that you look for great details so it doesn't seem like any other run-of-the-mill suit. You do look powerful and professional, yet feminine!

Anonymous said...

I have a lot of suiting clothing too but tend not to wear it. I don't find it as comfortable as button down shirt or sweaters. However, I think that it pays to wear it...at least one in a while.

Lini said...

The shoes! Killer!!

Fashion Photography said...

I agree with your rules, in particular the fit of a suit is important. If buying in a big store, it is worth spending extra to get it fitted.... as mentioned by other, great shoes!

Elegance Personified said...

This is a really nice suit and yeah you should wear suits more often. I like your "rules" when it comes to suits too. Because suits tend to be more conservative and more business-like & conservative, I tend to look for some type of fun detail or interest when I buy a suit, also.

You used to wear more suits earlier in your blogging, the first & second year, what happened to them? ;-)

Londyn said...

some of my suits either no longer fit, and some of them (including my beloved kenneth cole suit) shrunk in the wash :(

brittneynikkole said...

I like suit pieces that look chic, not stuffy, which of course, is why I dig this look. I like that the details on the jacket give the look some edge.