Monday, September 6, 2010

Wardrobe Weekend

Dress: Susana Moraco.  Necklace: Ann Taylor Loft.  Shoes: BCBG. 

DSCF5023DSCF5025 

After much drama of shoe matching and dress fitting / not fitting (I had to lay off the pastries for a week!), I finally got to wear my weekend-wedding dress.  The wedding venue was lovely, the bride gorgeous, the company fabulous, and the man dashing.  What more could a girl ask for?

The rest of my weekend was spent shopping with my mom, organizing my closet (fall cleaning!), and cooking.  Seriously, I’ve often thought my calling is to be a personal shopper.  If my man turns into a sugar daddy some day and I no longer have to work – then I’ll definitely have to make it happen  :)  either that or I would just stay home, cook and eat all day long watching Frasier, Grey’s Anatomy, and FoodNetwork…

Anywhoo… my mom is a great candidate for trying out my personal shopping skills because I know what her style and lifestyle is, and she trusts me enough to try on everything I pick for her.  Overall – we made out like bandits!  Tons of great sales were going on and it was definitely wardrobe makeover time.

Although the majority of shopping was for my mom, I did find a few items myself including these fabulous Guess heels.  Aren’t they gorgeous?!  I’m in love.

DSCF5033

The shopping time inspired me to do some fall cleaning of my closet, so I did my normal semi-annual clean out and ended up with several piles – one clothing pile to give to friends, one for goodwill, one for plato’s closet consignment, and one for alterations.  In addition, I labeled all my shoe boxes with shoe pics so it’s super easy to find what I’m looking for at any time.  How scary is it that I find this activity so much fun?!?

DSCF5048

21 comments:

Melissa said...

You look hot in that dress! I'm afraid you might have stolen some of the limelight from the bride! :)

You always find the best shoes. Love them!

Jodi said...

va va voom.. this dress looks amazing on you!! did you color your hair too? It looks darker, anyway you look so great.. and CUTE new shoes too.. you definitely win the award for the most amazing shoes!!!

Collette Osuna said...

Great idea to label the boxes of shoes.....I have mine in hanging shoe bags and back of the door shoe displays.....I use up half my closet just with the shoes, lol...LOVE LOVE your new Guess shoes....and of course that FAB dress!!

You look gorgeous!!

Statements in Fashion

Lorena said...

That dress is fabulous !!!!!!

Rhonda said...

You are so so hot!

Sarah said...

This dress is fantastic!!!!

I love shopping with my mom too. She hates to shop so she stays in the dressing room and I pile her up with things I want her to try and run back and forth to get different sizes or colors or items. So much fun!

Healthy and Homemade said...

Wow you look amazing! What a fun weekend, and I love those shoes ^_^

Iris said...

Your productive weekend is making me feel like I was super lazy! I have been meaning to the shoe box pictures for a while... great minds :)

~Hurricane B~ said...

Well hello purrrty lady. Look at you looking fab-O-lous in that dress, all tan and the dark hair looks good. I acutally have pictures on my shoe boxes, it reminds me of all the pretties I have stored away, I mean you can only have so many racks. Okay well on my closet space..one day, I will have a carrie bradshaw closet.=) I think you would make a great personal shopper, with your sense of fashion, it is something you should look into, for reals. I mean why not take the risk of it when you still have other income? Then knowing how awesome you are, you can just do that for money.=)

sundaze said...

You look gorgeous!!! Did you dye your hair? Perhaps it's the lighting but it looks darker.

Lini said...

You look absolutely amazing!

Rebecca said...

That dress looks fantastic on you. I love the print.

eek said...

Wow...you look stunning!

Carla said...

oh my gosh!! that dress is gorgeous!!! Love it!!

Jodi said...

Hi Londyn..
I got one of those blog awards and have listed you as one of the ones I want to pay it forward to. I always check your website and get great ideas and love your shoes!!
Anyway you can come over and see what I wrote...
thanks!! j

Lynne said...

Could you please take detailed pics of your closet and give tips for organization? Do you put your outfits together beforehand? I would love to see you do some posts on clothing organization-thank you!

FashionAddict said...

Great idea on the shoe pics, and you look FABULOUS in that dress! Did you ever order the Newport News shoes?? Just wondering cuz I had my eye on them too....

Kel Ward Photography said...

You look absolutely amazing! The new shoes are adorable! I just bought some Guess boots and can't wait to wear them. I'd love to see your closet!

Londyn said...

I did dye my hair - thanks!! :)

I have a closet post in a link under "special fashionista posts", but I'll try to do an update next week.

Budget Chic said...

You look extra fresh and pretty here like you just came off vaca. Love the dress and the shoes! Fabulous!

Elegance Personified said...

This is a great, summarized post. First of you look DELIGHTFUL IN YOUR ONE-SHOULDER BLUE FLORAL DRESS. I will be honest, when I first saw it on you, trying it at the store, I didn't care so much for the dress or how it looked on you. But now that I see the Wedding Prep Result it looks PERFECTION with the gorgeous French Manicures & Pedicures. I absolutely loooooooooooovvvvvvvvvvveeeeeeee the black peep-toe shoes. They are the perfect, classy, classic black shoe that goes with everything. Your hair & makeup look sooooooo beautiful, too. Fun statement necklace. It looks great despite the neckline of the dress.

Now girl you are super-organized. Not only do you clean your closet every season or at least twice a year, but you have managed and found time to take photos and attach them to the shoes boxes. Now that's STYLE DEDICATION. ;-)

Get back to me on this. Any tips on organizing/cleaning out your closet better? Cause I could use some in this area.