Tuesday, September 28, 2010

kimono inspired

DSCF5195

Red silk tunic: Banana Republic.  Jeans: Anne Taylor LOFT.  

DSCF5201

Inspiration: beautiful colors and fabrics…!

geisha

Okay, so my outfit is really a far cry from these authentic kimonos, but the red silk tunic did feel somehow reminiscent of them.  This tunic also had a lovely and intricate pattern / weave to the neckline which I fell in love with.  Classic, easy, bright.  Works for me!  Add dark wash jeans and I’m ready for weekend running or a casual Friday in the office.

9 comments:

Rebecca said...

That is a great casual Friday look. I like the red tunic.

Jodi said...

Gorgeous color!! and I love your earrings.. really cute!!

Iris said...

Those earrings are awesome!

Anna said...

Red is a great color on you!

Collette Osuna said...

I LOVE this color on you....really stands out with the black..and you KNOW I want those earrings...STAT:)

Enter my F21 Giftcard Giveaway!!
Statements in Fashion Blog

The Owl's Closet said...

Love the pop of red! Such a beautiful color! Thx again for dropping by my blog:)

gucci 2011 said...

I love the way you directly get to the point,inspired

Sarah said...

This is a great casual look! Nice color!

Anonymous said...

True, not quite inspired by kimonos, but the colour is magnificent.

http://red-soledfashionista.blogspot.com/