Sunday, September 5, 2010

Goldilocks

Top: Michael Kors.  Shorts: Old Navy.  Bracelet: Forever XXI.  Ring: Charming Charlie.  Rosebud Wedges: Charming Charlie.

DSCF5017DSCF5019

This Labor Day weekend started out great as we had a work grill out on Friday and got to leave work early.  In honor of our grill out, we got to wear extra casual clothes.  To find something for the casual but still workplace appropriate look, I scoured my closet and decided on this flowy top and average length shorts. 

I typically don’t like shorts because I can never find ones that are the right length.  I'm like Goldilocks when it comes to shorts!  They’re either up to my ass or down to my knee – seriously designers?!?  Anyway… last year I did find these Old Navy shorts and would have bought 1 in every color if they had more, but alas, navy was all they had, so here they are – my one average length pair of shorts!  I guess that’s why I often stick to skirts or dresses.

8 comments:

Jennifer Fabulous said...

That shirt is gorgeous! :)

Healthy and Homemade said...

I love your top, and shoes!! Michael Kors <3 lol

Collette Osuna said...

Really cute outfit...love the longer shorts..and its just dressy enough:)

Hope you had fun!

Anna said...

Those shorts looks great on you! I cannot seem to find shorts that work on my body.

Melissa said...

How disappointing that they didn't have more in other colors! Those shorts look fantastic on you. Hopefully you can find more in the same length! I love those shoes too!

This is a perfect look for a work barbecue! You look great!

~Hurricane B~ said...

LMAO, up your ass huh? =) I agree though, with us tall gals, most "short" shorts are hoochie short...=) I feel your pain. I love, love the pop of yellow from your bracelet. Good match.

Lini said...

Love the wedges!

Elegance Personified said...

You should wear shorts more often cause they look great on you. Love the length and fit of these. They are perfect!! This isone of my most favorite tops you own. Love the wedge shoes on, even more. Soooo cute. ;-)