Saturday, August 21, 2010

Shoe Dilemma

2010-06-06%2011.44.19_Cincinnati_Ohio_US[1]I’ve decided to wear this dress to an upcoming wedding.  It will be my first time wearing it and I am having a little difficulty determining what shoes I want to wear with it.  Do I try to match the blue or purple?  Do I accent the black?

I’ve dug through my closet and through all my favorite shoe sites, and below are my top picks.  The Badgley Mischka shoes are my ultimate favorite, but I’m not sure I’m willing to pay the price since they would only be a special occasion shoe… Maybe just stick with the shoes I already have… See my dilemma! 

What would you choose?  VOTE HERE!

  1. Badgely Mischka $200
  2. Nina $70
  3. rsvp $70
  4. rsvp $90
  5. Steven by Steve Madden (free! already in my closet)

Badgley Mischka

Nina $90 rsvp $70 rsvp $90

DSCF4964

DSCF4963

5 comments:

Sunny said...

3. rsvp $70 / because the blue ones are a bit too matchy-matchy; and black is too heavy. the studding detail on 4. rsvp $90 doesn't match the style of your outfit; but if you're really feeling in favor of a blue, I'd go with 1. Badgely Mischka $200. That pair of heels is GORGEOUS, and actually it outshines the outfit. If you want the outfit to the be centerpiece, I'd go for 3. =D

Anonymous said...

Honestly, I don't think any of these are good choices for this dress, nor do I think you should buy new shoes that will hardly be used. This after having seen the pics ofyour closet ;) You should only buy new shoes you absolutely love.

For this dress, black is very heavy, so if you want black, go for a more refined, nongold black sandal/peeptoe. But even nicer would be a light colour like cream or offwhite or something like that. Just my 2 cents :)

DelLatitude said...

Based on the photo, it looks like black shoes weigh down the dress too much - I think either pair of silver shoes would look best. Or perhaps a 'pop of color' with a shoe you already have...perhaps a purple-ish red?
Enjoy your time!

Eli said...

I agree with Sunny :) The dress is really beautiful, but black is quite heavy to wear with it. The blues are too matchy though.
A cream or grey sandal would be best I think, so out of these options number 3.

However, I'm sure that any way you style your outfit, it will look great!

Iris said...

I think you can't go wrong with a gray or silver sandal for this dress and future use :)