Tuesday, August 31, 2010

Color of the day

Polka Dot Ruffle Blouse & Cardigan: NY & Co.  Skirt: Mossimo.  Heels: BCBG.  Purse: Gucci.

DSCF4984  DSCF4982 

There are moments when I get bored looking at my sage green photo backdrop, however I don’t have a handy photo taker with me throughout the day and the only time I have to take a fashion shot is 2 minutes before I run out the door to work in the morning, so green backdrop it is.

Sometimes I’ll take a photo by my fireplace or on my porch, but the outfits don’t always display quite as well.  Today I did step outside my box and actually tried out my bright bathroom for my photo of the day!  Okay, so the color is a bit overwhelming… but maybe a nice change from the normal sage?  Hopefully, it can remind you to have a bright and happy day!

DSCF4989

Pink, orange, polka dots, stripes, ruffles, buckles… if you only read this description, it might seem that there’s to be a lot going on in this outfit, but together it’s definitely not that much.  Adding a solid tone sweater / cardigan / or jacket of any kind can really tone down a look that might have otherwise been a little busy.  If you’re more of a busy-lovin’ gal – by all means, leave the sweater off!

DSCF4986  DSCF4992 purse

9 comments:

Melissa said...

I love this outfit. Love the colors, love the pattern mixing, love the individual patterns, love everything! You look great!

Collette Osuna said...

SO in love with that mod looking skirt....its to die for!! Love the shoes too....you look fantastic as always!

eek said...

Your look is perfection today...love love that skirt!

I kind of like the sage background because it focuses on you and your clothes without any distractions.

Sadie's Momma said...

Okay, this is my favorite outfit you've ever worn (that I've seen). The cardigan and blouse look amazing with your skin and hair. And that skirt is kind of to die for! I would never have thought to pair the two, but at the same time, the more I look at your skirt, it's almost a basic neutral in today's terms, right? Beautiful composition!

Maggie said...

wowzer I luv the pairing of those colours together. I would not have thought to put beige and hot pink, but it looks mahvelous..
TFS
Maggie
http://cuttingabove.blogspot.com

Anonymous said...

Love the shoes!!!

Chris said...

Great outfit! You look fantastic! I love the shoes too!

Gracie said...

great outfit! I love do how you paired a bright top with a more neutral, print skirt. It works well together! I'm def be stopping back by to visit you!

Stop by to visit me if you're interested... i'm hosting a giveaway on Friday :)

xo,
Gracie
The Flip Side of Oz

Miss Emma Kitty said...

I really Love the shoes !