Saturday, August 14, 2010

Birthday Girl

DSCF4930

It’s my birthday today.  I wish I could say that it has been a wonderful weekend, but unfortunately I can’t…  A huge “snafu” happened at work late on Friday and it was my fault and my responsibility.  Blame it on work-load overload, stress, attention to detail – whatever – it sucks and is very upsetting and frustrating.  Personally, I blame it on the birthday curse.  From a broken engagement, a dog dying, a boyfriend in a motorcycle accident, and my car broken into – my birthdays have not brought me much luck the last few years. 

That said, I’ve decided to release the birthday curse and manifest good things for my birthdays from here on out.

I’ll start the good vibes by remembering all the wonderful blessings I am so thankful for: supportive amazing friends, a crazy little family that loves me, a man that I can’t imagine my life without and who makes me laugh every single day, faith that holds me when my world seems to be crumbling, a hunger for food and a passion for life.  The list goes on.  Take that birthday curse!

I did try to enjoy my birthday on Saturday even though the work stress was still on my mind.  I visited with a fabulous friend of mine and did a bit of walking and shopping.  For our leisurely outing I wore a simple cotton dress from Forever XXI w/ a lovely white flower pin.  For dinner out with the man later that evening, I got dolled up in a flowy floral thrifted dress & my Stuart Weitzman heels (pic @ top).

DSCF4926DSCF4924

In keeping with today’s flower theme…

DSCF4919

My very non-foodie boyfriend actually made a "Top Tier" Devil's Food Cake with Sour Cream-Fudge Frosting for my birthday.  Oh my goodness – it was so amazing!  I was very impressed.

DSCF4923

24 comments:

SomeoneLikeYou said...

Hope you have a happy birthday!
You look absolutely faboulous in that floral dress. It was MADE for you! :)

laniza said...

Here's to an incredibly amazing birthday next year! I'm glad to read that you still enjoyed your birthday weekend despite the snafu at work. Your floral dress is AWESOME--I can't believe it's thrifted!!

Melissa said...

Happy, happy birthday!

That cake sounds amazing - what a thoughtful gesture for him to make it for you!

You look absolutely gorgeous in both of your outfits.

I hope and agree with you that your birthdays from here on out will be fabulous! No more birthday curse!

Ronise said...

happy birthday!

Hannah said...

I'm sorry to hear about your birthdays past.
One more good thing.. You have this amazing blog to share with us!

Happy Birthday! :)

eek said...

I hope your broke your birthday curse! Looks like you had a fabulous day and any guy who bakes such a delicious looking cake sounds like a keeper.

Have a great rest of your weekend and happy belated :)

Sarah R said...

Oh girl, happy birthday. Here is to next year having no calamities. And that cake looks amazing; that's a man who loves you, right there!

Lisa - respect the shoes said...

HAPPY BIRTHDAY!

Cathy Benavides said...

Happy Birthday you fabulous lady! Birthday curse be damned- looked beautiful!! Hope it's a great weekend :)

Lisa said...

Happy birthday Londyn!! It always sucks when work is not respectful of your personal life and celebration times...but your birthday weekend dresses look fab :-)

Andie said...

Happy Birthday!

Love that floral dress on you!

Hopefully your birthdays will be full of love and joy from now on. :)

Daytime Night Owl said...

Happy birthday! Hope it was fabulous!

Brittany D'Lynne said...

Happy (late) birthday! I'm sorry it wasn't a great day...but you look great anyway! :)

FashionAddict said...

Happy bday! You look absolutely stunning in both dresses!

Kerri said...

OMG, your eyes look stunning! Happy Birthday to you!

Lini said...

Happy Birthday to a FAB fashion blogger!!

Healthy and Homemade said...

You look absolutely insanely gorgeous!!! Happy belated birthday lovely lady ^_^

Iris said...

HAPPY BELATED BIRTHDAY!!!!

Elegance Personified said...

This was your 27th Birthday, right? I think this is the 4th birthday blog I have seen from you since you've had your blog in 2007, if I am not mistaken. Anyway, you look twice as nice in both outfits. Simple, cute & fun dresses. The dessert looks fabulous, as do the pink roses. ;-)

Londyn said...

A lady never reveals her age!

Elegance Personified said...

Actually I beg to differ on this one. =P I am 95% percent positive this was either your 27th or 28th Birthday. I have never believed the silly philosophy or never saying one's age. I mean you are what age you are, you were born the year God meant for you to come to this world. That's my opinion anyway, though I do respect your opinion. I never have a problem saying MY TRUE AGE if I get asked. ;-) But I have a lot of friends, co-workers and acquintances that either don't reveal their ages or lie about it. Lying about the age to me is worse than revealing it. =D

Londyn said...

Actually - the true reason I don't reveal my age is again for personal / identity security as posting information online can be unsafe!

For my friends and family - my fabulous age is readily shared :)

Kerri said...

If you ask me, Ill tell you that Im 5 years younger than I really am! :)

Londyn said...

I'm down with that too!! ;)