Monday, July 26, 2010

Ruffles Revisited

DSCF4767DSCF4766

Vest: Express.  Brown Wrap: Sunny Leigh.  Shoes: Nine West.  Necklace: Macy’s. 

  DSCF4768 DSCF4769

Most people in my office wear jeans on Fridays, and I sometimes do too – but not today!  I felt like being a little more dressy as I was meeting one of my girlfriends for dinner / happy hour after work.  My feet were a little tired at the end of the day, but it was worth it!

This is the first time I paired this ruffle top with a vest, and I think I dig it.  I wouldn’t suggest it for a more top heavy or broad shouldered woman, but for someone who’s a bit smaller on top, it brought nice attention upward and didn’t feel too busy.  A colorful necklace (and shoes!) completed the look.

14 comments:

Melissa said...

LOVE ruffles, and I love the pops of color in the necklace and the shoes. Those shoes are great!

I seriously have to go thrifting for some vests.

Rhonda said...

This is for sure one of my favorite looks of yours! LOVE those shoes!

Anna said...

The ruffles look great spilling out over the neckline of the vest. Great pairing!

L said...

While I am not a fan of orange....I LOVE those shoes!!! Those are great.

Carla said...

Oh my gosh, the shoes r gorgeous

Rebecca said...

I like the ruffles with the vest, and the mix of browns looks good.

Lorena said...

I really like how this came together. Then again, you had me at the shoes.

Brittany D'Lynne said...

This came together great! I love the combination of the top and the vest. And a denim skirt? Come on, how can I resist?!

Anonymous said...

The skirt is awesome, may i ask where you bought it?

Julie said...

You always have the best shoes! Great outfit.

Londyn said...

I forgot to list the skirt brand! It's Merona.

Anonymous said...

Love your blog and love this outfit! Those shoes are awesome - can I ask were you purchased them and if it was recent? Thanks!

WhiteGoldSilver 10 said...

Fantastic shoes and top half,,, but I am not super keen on the skirt...not sure why, as I love denim skirts...
:)

Elegance Personified said...

First off I love love those shoes, some of your best and they truly match the necklace, perfectly. =) I love this ruffled blouse too, I think your best ruffled blouse and the chocolate color make me like it even more. But I really don't dig the vest with this. It takes away from the pretty blouse and I don't see it as necessary, at all. I like vests but I don't see an occassion to wear them too often. And I know how much you love your vests. Cute blue tootsies. ;-)