Thursday, July 22, 2010

Leisurely Mornings

  Lace Detail Top: Chadwicks.  Belt: Beatnix.  Lace Detail Skirt: The LImited.  Shoes: Steve Madden.  Bracelets: can’t remember…

DSCF4749

I love my mornings.  People may think I’m odd, but I get up about 1 1/2 hrs before I actually have to leave for work every day.  Yep, that makes for a pretty early wake up call (particularly since my commute is close to an hour!), but it’s worth it.

I make coffee and eat a nice breakfast, take a long shower or bath, watch a little TV, pick out my outfit, pack my lunch and workout clothes for the day, and finally take a quick blog pic before heading out the door.

DSCF4746

 

                 *****

On to the clothes --

I like to mix more classic softer pieces with bolder modern accent items - so the belt, bracelets, and shoes helped give this girly look just a hint of drama.

My only issue with the outfit originally was the fit of the skirt.  I’ve lost a couple pounds of late and have found a few of my skirts too big around the waist.  The best option is, of course, to have them taken in – but until I get to my seamstress, I’m using this handy trick: a belt!

I just tucked the excess skirt fabric under the belt and cinched myself right up!  It isn’t something I’d recommend on a regular basis, but in a pinch it definitely works.

16 comments:

Iris said...

You're not the only one I wake up "super early" too :)

Ally said...

I love this! It's classic with a fun punch of color.

Lara said...

This is a beautiful outfit! i love that belt!

Sadie's Momma said...

First of all, I wish I could wake up early... I am so groggy and nasty in the mornings. If I could wake up and give myself time to eat and have my coffee BEFORE the office instead of at the office, I'd be so much more awake and rarin' to go by the time I made it in. Hmm... To bed earlier, perhaps? Second, I adore this outfit AND your hair. Your belt is a reminiscent accessory like the green scarf from Confessions of a Shopaholic. :)

Don't forget to enter my giveaways at the top of my page!
http://fashionmommaintraining.blogspot.com

Oh, and on your post about jerky people, screw 'em, girl! You're hot, you know it, your style is amazing, we love and read you every day, and that person is clearly jealous that they have to spend $1000 on an outfit to look half as good as you do in a $75 outfit! There, I have spoken. :)

kim

Fashion Girl said...

My friends all make fun of me for waking up 2 hours early to get ready in the morning. So glad to see that there are more people like me out there. Very cute outfit, I am all for the neutrals with pops of color!

Goose said...

Love it, Love it, Love it. Never would have thought to put that belt or those shoes with it, but they totally work!! Definitely a look I could get behind :-)

Sal said...

So fab! That belt is blowing my mind.

Brittany D'Lynne said...

Love the silhouette of the belt, and Love Love Love those shoes!!

Anonymous said...

I've had the same issue with my skirt. And that is also my solution! ha :) You look great, and btw I usually copy most of your looks for my work clothes :)

Leah said...

Love the outfit and pop of color you've added!
I am not a morning person - at all - but listening to your routine and knowing I would feel better if I developed some discipline to do something similiar is inspiring =) We'll see...

Jessica said...

WOW love this look. Reminds me of something the ladies on Mad Men would wear.

Oh and I definately will get up an hr and a half before I have to be at work. I like to make a good breakfast and have time to watch cartoons before work.

CAROLINA MARTORI said...

Bom dia pessoal do Blog Fashion.
Primeiramente PARABÉNS pelo blog, estou encantado com as dicas e a riqueza de informações que vocês fornecem as leitoras.
O motivo dessa mensagem é mais para fim de apresentação de nossa empresa.
Somos uma marca de sapatos e bolsas femininos de Franca/SP.
Conheça um pouco do nosso trabalho através do nosso site: http://www.carolinamartori.com.br
Loja virtual: http://www.carolinamartoristore.com
Making of Verão 2011: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ulUh9Zrs7Y4

Atenciosamente,

Guilherme Martori
Dpto. MKT - Carolina Martori

Kiki said...

I'm not a morning person but I do wake up extra early to have breakfast, pack my lunch and such. I love this outfit. It's so feminine and pretty. Love the pic on the porch too.

Daytime Night Owl said...

I wake up 1 1/2 - 2 hours before work, but that is because it takes me that long to get ready. That includes no breakfast, certainly no tv or coffee and grabbing lunch that I packed last night. LOL

budget chic said...

I love that skirt, I have got to get that, brand and store please. You look fab as always! Did you get your aldo shoes yet?

Elegance Personified said...

Another beautiful skirt from The Limited and what a fantastic Kelly Green belt!!