Wednesday, June 23, 2010

Picnic in the heat

7273

Oh the blessed Cincinnati heat and humidity…  did I also mention the sporadic rain?  Well, the weather may not have been perfect, but I’ll never complain about a day I get to spend off work and eating food!

I actually contemplated the night before on what I would wear (a rare thing!) for this occasion.  Since it was a work outing and I still had to be in the office in the morning, I didn’t want to be too overly casual (shorts & tee…) – but I also wanted to be in something more casual and comfortable than my normal business attire.  With the exception of my dress not being conducive to rain (then again not many fabrics are…), the summer dress and bejeweled flats ended up being a perfect choice.

72 - Copy

Dress: BCBG.  Necklace: Macy’s.  Ring: Forever XXI.  Shoes: Steve Madden.  Purse: Payless.

10 comments:

Alyssa said...

I really like your necklace—very interesting and nice colors. Cute ring, too. :]

Lesa said...

I love you combo of neutrals and the turquoise. Turquoise is on my mind this summmer. It looks great!

La Historiadora de Moda said...

I love the necklace with this dress! I have a very similar purse so I had to check where you got yours to make sure it wasn't the same.

Jennifer Fabulous said...

You are so pretty!! And I absolutely ADORE this outfit. The dress is smashing on you and to pair it with the chunky turqoise necklace was GENIUS. Such a perfect summer outfit. Oh, and those sandals? I love!!

Anonymous said...

I loooove that necklace!

Carla said...

I KNEWWWW this was a BCBG dress, because I tried it on last year :)
u look great!

Iris said...

this whole outfit is looks comfy and chic! I LOVE that necklace :)

K said...

you look fantastic as usual! You hair looks like it's getting pretty long. Random question: what color is your nail polish? I think I may have just bought the same color! :)

Anonymous said...

Love the color combinations (with the jewelry and nails) on your skin tone!

Elegance Personified said...

ONE OF YOUR EASIEST, SIMPLEST YET BEST LOOKS. where was this dress hiding in your closet? I love it. I particularly love all the jewelry in this photo. Great Turquoise.